Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Habs Extend Charles Hudon (1-Year, $800K, 1-Way)

RyderRocks73

Jul 1, 2015
Moncton, NB
The two rookies should not be in the NHL next season unless they totally blow people away at camp.
I fail to see why. They've both paid their dues in Junior/College. They just have to show up and play like we've seen them play and they'll avoid Laval for at least 9 games.

George Clooney

Jan 29, 2014
He got, actually. He was playing for a while with Domi and Drouin and did nothing. Hudon's got some excellent tools and is a smart player but his skating just doesn't allow him to use those tools, especially at the tempo the Habs played last year.

Right, I forgot.about him playing with domi and drouin. His speed was always his weakness.still manage around 30 pts. Would ve like to see him with a shooter first guy on his line.

At this point, id keep him around just for expension draft purpose.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Lots of hustle and defensively aware, but he doesn't have the size of the talent to get very far.

It's a good singing in the sense that he's going to push hard for a job and he still has some potential. There is still a chance for him to have an NHL career...but not with Poehling and Suzuki ready to eat his lunch.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I'd keep him around. Unless if he's stealing ice time away from key guys. I like his motor and hands. He's not much, but he works hard and that could rub off on your young stars. Who knows? Could also just be a Rocket.
Yeah idk. Don't really care to much either way, he's basically useless at the NHL level. I think we've all seen enough of him by now to know what the verdict on him is.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Not good enough offensively to be in the top 6 but does not bring enough energy and hustle to be in the bottom 6.

He'll be in Europe sooner rather than later.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Why are they keeping him. All they had to do is let him go.

You basically throw 800 thousand into the trash when poor people are starving around the World.

Bad management.

Reactions: barbu

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Why are they keeping him. All they had to do is let him go.

You basically throw 800 thousand into the trash when poor people are starving around the World.

Bad management.

Lol. You shouldn’t watch basketball then. Some bench players make 5 - 10M. Quite the compensation for throwing a ball through a hoop three times a game.

BobbyShehan

May 29, 2008
NJ
Followed his career from the get go. Charlie's always been really smart when handling the puck, in both zones, which makes him an interesting player. His best place is at center as he can direct traffic and control the zone entry, offensively, then move to the perimeter and either use his shot, which is above average, or his vision to pass, which is also above average. But his physical stamina seems to be pretty low. Seems to be out of breath on the back check or whenever his shift goes a few seconds beyond which makes him hard to handle for the coach. Therrien couldn't and Julien is not the best either in matters of time control... I think Hudon could still strive centering a third line if his TOI is handled properly. He's still a valuable asset.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Charles... put some money aside!! It might be your last NHL contract.

400k to government (taxes)
50k to live off
350k invested for you future

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Yeah, that won't be a problem.

Well that's why he's still a Hab. They didn't want to just waive him because he would've been claimed by someone based on his rookie year and let him rot in the press box instead. I think he still would be claimed, MB just needs to accept the fact that no one is giving up assets for him and let some other team try him up because I doubt Julien has any plans for him. For Hudon's career it's nothing but a liability to stay in Montreal.

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
WHY ? He's like the 17th forward. Great for Laval and won't cost a penny on a cap there, but.... WHY?
(Is he somehow considered a veteran for preseason games?)
injury coverage only, not fast enough or shilled enough

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad