Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] F Florian Xhekaj signs ELC with the Canadiens (3 years, $866.667k AAV; begins 2024-25)

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Hoping he becomes that pain in the ass 4th line forward with size. He has been a centre this year and looked well from reports while sounding like he did well on the dot, too. Had a target to break 30 goals this year and did so.

His brother is already playing for the Habs?
Yeah, Arber.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I dont think he has crazy high upside but based on his growth last year and his brother being a late bloomer. It isn't hard to see him become a good bottom 6 forward with snarl.

He played centre this year in junior and adapted to the role well and was very good in the dot. If he fills out similar to his brother he'll probably end up 6'4 220-230lbs

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Florian and Arber
IMG_1706.jpeg

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think he's one of the Habs top prospects and his upside could be very high if he continues to progress like he has in the last year. I've got over 40 vids of his games, I would recommend checking him out, he's a 6'4 power center that plays a nasty physical game and shows he's got some hands. I think he's going to be a good bit better then his brother but that will depend on how much more he can progress or not.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
From playing in the GOJHL (and not even PPG) in his first year of draft eligibility
To 25 points in 68 games the year he was drafted
To 34 goals (65 pts) in 63 games this year while learning to play C (was on the wings before)

He's been on a meteoric rise. In the draft special, Bobrov was calling him an unicorn and we all had a chuckle, but he might actually be right.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Little X has an attitude problem. He hates losing and plays with a giant chip on his shoulder.

Minimum going to be a 4th line terror or if he continues on his development trajectory...a Tkachuk.

I'm good with 4th line and obviously hope for a lot more.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Even though they signed him, they can still put him back in junior if they deem it necessary. He is a full year behind in development compared to his peers. It wouldn't be a bad thing to give him another year in Junior, like they did with Arber.

Reactions: Habsrule

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Even though they signed him, they can still put him back in junior if they deem it necessary. He is a full year behind in development compared to his peers. It wouldn't be a bad thing to give him another year in Junior, like they did with Arber.
Habs' fans can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Montreal ever sent Arber down. Pretty sure he was signed as an undrafted free agent and immediately went pro.

Reactions: viceroy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad