Proposal: Mtl edm

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Granted the Oilers management team is one of maybe two management teams incompetent enough to make this deal. However, even Chiarelli might be smart enough to figure out that he is taking two bad contracts to get rid of one in this scenario.

Reactions: ivanlwan and 780il

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Oilers take on 2 horrible contracts gets rid of one and gives a 1st
peD1Ddz.gif

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
What's the point of Edmonton getting rid of one albatrosee in exchange for two more?

There's not enough separating Talbot and Price ( Talking stats & performance) to offset Carey's albatrosee contract.

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
What's the point of Edmonton getting rid of one albatrosee in exchange for two more?

There's really not a lot separating Talbot & Price...

Oh dear...

Once Bergevin fails miserably this off season I'll be open to trading Price, but right now, nah.

10th overall is a nice piece. Don't really want Talbot. Don't want Lucic. If Shaw is damaged, don't want Shaw. So, Edmonton, take the 10th, Shaw, Lucic and Talbot and we'll take Price and well away....

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Considering Chiarelli's body (or should i say carcass) of work I wouldn't be surprised if this trade happened

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Price and Andrew Shaw for Talbot lucic and 10th pick

Take out the 10th and make it 2019-1st lottery protected and the Oilers may bite.

losing Lucic gives u price to protect for the expansion draft so one more protected spot. Prices contract is a heavy burden, but his play should be top flight for at least 5-6 of those years. Talbot will cost 5-6 next year anyways, so your 60% of the way their and have half the goalie. Shaw its our 3rd line perfectly even if he is expensive.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Dear Habs Fans:

No one wants that Price contract without significant retention. Please stop

Signed- the other 30 teams on HF

We shall see, don't agree but it's not like he is about to be traded Bergevin needs him to save his job. A hot Price gives the team a chance for the playoffs and that is all Bergevin cares about right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad