Proposal: MTL/EDM filling needs proposal.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
To Montreal: Ryan Nugent Hopkins.

To Edmonton: Thomas Plekanec, Andrei Markov and a 1st pick.

Reasoning for Montreal: This is the last year to rotate our asset into something with Andrei Markov. RNH will be able to become our 2nd/maybe 1st line center providing great 2 way play like Plekanec did for multiple seasons at a fair price.

Reasoning for Edmonton: It's no surprise that the Oils need a QB type defensmen. Andrei Markov is still a top 5/top 10 pp defensmen that will help out Edmonton a ton. Plekanec is a remarkable protecting the lead player, he'll be able to surround the kids with smart veteran plays in every situation imaginable. He'll also in that 3rd line center role allow both McDavid and Draisatl to flourish offensively while he takes defensive Face-offs and the match ups against 1st line centers.

Reasoning for the 1st pick: But I hear from Edmonton fans (BUT WE NEED ESTABLISHED PLAYERS), which I agree, the pick is there for 2 reasons. 1) To balance out the proposal since RNH is younger and they take on more salary and 2) it's a great asset to flip at the deadline since for the 1st time since they went to the cup finals, they'll probably be byers.

I haven't made a proposal in years and I know there's a million MTL/EDM proposals here. Hopefully this goes well.

thalegion

Apr 13, 2010
Edmonton
So you want us to give up a 1st line very very young Center for a couple people who's careers are likely over in a year and what will likely be a meh first? And take us over the cap? Nah dawg this proposal isn't good.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
So you want us to give up a 1st line very very young Center for a couple people who's careers are likely over in a year and what will likely be a meh first? And take us over the cap? Nah dawg this proposal isn't good.

Does it really take you guys over the cap? I didn't take that into consideration, I was certain you guys had a lot of cap space. Any contracts you guys could send back?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

I don't think you know who Plekanec is if you think his career is over in a year.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Lol RNH isn't a 1st line center, and Plekanec has lots of hockey left. But I agree this proposal isn't good.

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary
Does it really take you guys over the cap? I didn't take that into consideration, I was certain you guys had a lot of cap space. Any contracts you guys could send back?

It's a bad deal regardless of the cap. Markov is pretty much done, plekanec isn't far behind him. Funny enough, the only player of interest would be Petry and we all know that's not happening. Stupid MacT. Lol

StartTheShow

Dec 29, 2013
Well this thread isn't going to end well.

MB praises character and isn't going to trade Markov who should retire a Hab.
2017 1st has value but Edmonton needs assets that can help now not something they have to spend years to develop.
Edmonton wouldn't be looking to get another center in return for RNH.

Big Easy

Jan 21, 2014
SW Ontario
I read the trade proposal.

My eyes looked slightly left to see OP's display pic or location to confirm if he's a Montreal fan.

Suspicion confirmed.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
This is better for Montreal value wise. But makes no sense for Montreal either considering our window.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa

Reasoning for Montreal: This is the last year to rotate our asset into something with Andrei Markov. RNH will be able to become our 2nd/maybe 1st line center providing great 2 way play like Plekanec did for multiple seasons at a fair price.

Reasoning for Edmonton: It's no surprise that the Oils need a QB type defensmen. Andrei Markov is still a top 5/top 10 pp defensmen that will help out Edmonton a ton. Plekanec is a remarkable protecting the lead player, he'll be able to surround the kids with smart veteran plays in every situation imaginable. He'll also in that 3rd line center role allow both McDavid and Draisatl to flourish offensively while he takes defensive Face-offs and the match ups against 1st line centers.

Reasoning for the 1st pick: But I hear from Edmonton fans (BUT WE NEED ESTABLISHED PLAYERS), which I agree, the pick is there for 2 reasons. 1) To balance out the proposal since RNH is younger and they take on more salary and 2) it's a great asset to flip at the deadline since for the 1st time since they went to the cup finals, they'll probably be byers.

I haven't made a proposal in years and I know there's a million MTL/EDM proposals here. Hopefully this goes well.

This works wonders for Montreal in terms of cap hit. Not so much for us. Thanks anyways. The actual talent coming back from Montreal is more than RNH but the ages are not of interest from the Oilers side.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Markov is not the answer on D for Oilers.. especially if the cost is RNH.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
And I thought the Hall for Larsson trade would have opened some Oilers' fans eyes.

News flash: your young but slightly fragile forwards aren't worth as much as you think they are.

The value in that trade is probably very close, but I don't see either team pulling the trigger on that one.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
A solid 3rd line center to play with their kids and a QB defensmen, how does it not?

And people stop with the Plekanec is done thing, it's not even close to being true.

BTW, adding to the proposal is OK, make it even.
Nugent Hopkins isn't being traded for two stop gaps.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
It's not bad for Edmonton if they want to start winning and compete next year but apparently the habs also want to win next year so it's not happening.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
And I thought the Hall for Larsson trade would have opened some Oilers' fans eyes.

News flash: your young but slightly fragile forwards aren't worth as much as you think they are.

The value in that trade is probably very close, but I don't see either team pulling the trigger on that one.
Most fans in this proposal sections make laughable counters.

The value isn't far off here. But the lack of sense for either team to do it is.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB

Markov, on the Oilers, could be a very good 2nd pairing D who can QB the PP. Plaekanec would be a great, although expensive 3C. If that pick is a top 10 then you have the compensation for 4 years of RNH (see my conditions below as to why I opnly say 4 years. Pleakanec would still have value in a trade or in playoff runs.

Due to cap considerations, this would have ot be a TDL deal... with the following conditions being met:
1. The Oilers are in a decent position to make the playoffs.
2. The Habs are looking to be picking in the top 10 in 2017.
3. RNH doesn't disprove those that feel he is not a 1C.

If all of those conditions are met, from an Oilers perspective, this is a doable trade.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Value wise it's not bad, I really like Plek but I don't want Markov to be the centerpiece D in a trade that we move RNH for.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
It's not bad for Edmonton if they want to start winning and compete next year but apparently the habs also want to win next year so it's not happening.
That would be there window if they made this trade. One year :laugh:
It's the Habs fans vs. 29 other fan bases that think this is bad for the Oilers

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
- I don't think RNH would be a good fit for the Habs.
- We're already thin on the left side of our defense, trading Markov doesn't make any sense right now.
- While I could live with the idea of trading Plekanec because of his salary, right now, he's a good fit and a valuable asset on our 2nd line.
- Trade those two for RNH, and I garantee you the Habs are picking top-10, maybe even top-5. That alone could get you more than RNH.

No deal for me.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008

Big difference you want to send a dman who his career is over and a centre man who is on par with RNH but is too old no thanks

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
A solid 3rd line center to play with their kids and a QB defensmen, how does it not?

And people stop with the Plekanec is done thing, it's not even close to being true.

BTW, adding to the proposal is OK, make it even.

We add salary and add a 33 year old center and a 39 year old left handed defenseman for our most reliable center who is 23. This is an absolute massacre.

You had one guy the Oilers 'need'. He's gone now.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Add Fayne (cap dump) and Sergachev, and it's closer

Wouldn't trade Sergachev straight up for RNH much less add in two good players + 1st and take back a cap dump.

I like RNH but its a lot easier to find a 55 point 2C with a good D game for 6M then it is to get a D prospect of Sergachev's calibre. PMD is also a much bigger need for us with the loss of Subban and Markov getting older.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad