Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Detroit is in the game for playoff.
Rebuild is over
Let's GO !!!

MTL : Anderson (power forward overpaid but still great) + Mike Matheson
for
DET : Chariot + Kasper or Danielson

Detroit gets a power forward on the 3rd line or even 2nd , Matheson would be their first LD

MTL gets a cap dump in Chariot to balance out Anderson + a great prospect

Last edited:

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Rebuild is over
Let's GO !!!

for
DET : Chariot + Kasper or Danielson + 2nd 2024

Detroit gets a power forward on the 3rd line or even 2nd , Matheson would be their first LD

While Matheson could provide Detroit some more puck movement, he’s not getting either of those two prospects in return.

As for Anderson, he just doesn’t have the value he once did.

You’re just not giving up either of those two prospects in a deal for either, or both those players.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
these 2 players would help them out big time , not just a little
and none of them are rentals

Anderson is going to help us how? We have like 6 middle 6 wingers. Idk if he'd even make our fourth line at this point. The dude has negative value to us here

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
I mean Matheson is OK but hardly worth a top prospect and Anderson is a 30 point winger on a 5.5M cap hit for 3 more years. If anything he’d have negative value at this point, or very little positive at best. I just can’t see this being a realistic trade.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I mean Matheson is OK but hardly worth a top prospect and Anderson is a 30 point winger on a 5.5M cap hit for 3 more years. If anything he’d have negative value at this point, or very little positive at best. I just can’t see this being a realistic trade.
Matheson is a top-4D on a good contract, and as such has significant value - though I have no idea if he fills any kind of a need in Detroit.

Anderson.... is overpaid and underperforming. I wouldn't say he has negative value, since Montreal has no great need to move him, but I can see why other teams wouldn't want him. In a year or two I expect a rising cap and a contract with fewer years remaining will mean he might be (somewhat) attractive in a trade.

All that being said, I don't see Matheson or Anderson as being a fit for any team at the end of a rebuild like Detroit is.

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
Detroits rebiuld isnt finished till the centers you want are on the team. And detroit has 0 room for the players you want to trade them.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Rebuild is over
Let's GO !!!

for
DET : Chariot + Kasper or Danielson + 2nd 2024

It is useless to include Chiarot and Anderson. If you want Kasper/Danielson, those are no. 8/9 from recent drafts and you need to pay for it. Matheson + late 1st rd pick is the minimum for DET.
Habs do not need Danielson, he is right handed center just like Suzuki or Dach. Kasper is lefties which would make more sense, but he does not really move a needle for Habs.
Of course, Red Wings will stick with their top prospects and let them develop.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Massively undervaluing the value and importance of Kasper and Danielson to Detroit. Teams don't just give up on recent Top-10 picks like that, unless there's an absolute star player coming back. And especially not when they're in the place Detroit are in their "rebuild" process.

Matheson and Anderson are not even close to that caliber of player. Dumping Chiarot's contract certainly doesn't come close to closing that gap...especially when they'd be taking on another questionable contract with Anderson.

So in short...this is absolutely horrific for Detroit.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
I feel like Anderson has been offered to just about every team multiple times in here since the Habs acquired him.

Also, calling a rebuild over and blowing up the prospect pool when DET hasn't made the playoffs for years would be the most moronic decision their front office could ever make.

Last edited:
Reactions: DingDongCharlie

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I have no idea how good Kasper or Danielson are. If they are qurantee top 6 I have no problem putting Habs first or late 1st and taking back a contract or adding. Whatever combination works for both teams.

But.....

The issue I have is that there are mountains of prospects who were screamed "guaranteed" as top 6 and they turn out to be 40 point mid 6. Kakko is an example.

So that is why I prefer a 20-21 year old who already has proven he can play top 6 and may have room for star potential. Examples would be McTavish/Carlson/Fantilli.

On the other hand no team is stupid enough to let those go unless there is a massive overpayment or an equal value player goes back that serves a different need for said team.

So here we are, going nowhere fast....

Reactions: HABitual Fan

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I have no idea how good Kasper or Danielson are. If they are qurantee top 6 I have no problem putting Habs first or late 1st and taking back a contract or adding. Whatever combination works for both teams.

But.....

The issue I have is that there are mountains of prospects who were screamed "guaranteed" as top 6 and they turn out to be 40 point mid 6. Kakko is an example.

So that is why I prefer a 20-21 year old who already has proven he can play top 6 and may have room for star potential. Examples would be McTavish/Carlson/Fantilli.

On the other hand no team is stupid enough to let those go unless there is a massive overpayment or an equal value player goes back that serves a different need for said team.

So here we are, going nowhere fast....

Well thank God you at least followed this up by noting that you're not getting a McTavish/Carlsson/Fantilli without a massive overpay...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad