Confirmed Trade: [MTL/DET] Jon Merrill for Hayden Verbeek and 2021 5th round pick

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
This is Bergevin's last season mark my words. Thanks for getting Anderson and Toffoli before leaving, but let someone else take it from here please.
Not a knock on Merill though, I think he's definetly an NHL dman.

Consider your words marked.

Reactions: Toastman

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
This is Bergevin's last season mark my words. Thanks for getting Anderson and Toffoli before leaving, but let someone else take it from here please.
Not a knock on Merill though, I think he's definetly an NHL dman.

Then what? You just said he made some really good moves. What are you blaming him for, Anderson, Toffoli, Perry, Allen, Edmundson?

Their centermen are simply too young and inexperienced compared to other top teams.

I never thought much of Bergevin but I must admit that's he's been a great job lately.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Some Habs fans think that little gerbil Mete was the greatest thing.

yes it’s ridiculous people zero in on one half decent aspect of his game and ignore that he has so many weaknesses. He is not a NHL dman and especially because he can’t handle NHL forwards. Unlike someone like Q Hughes who might also have this problem, mete is nowhere close To being an offensive wizard.

so far mete is gone now, Habs might have some pretty thin chances of going deep but they are basically zero of mete, kulak and Romanov are half your d unit

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
?

I thought the Habs had too many slow bottom pairing LH stay at home Ds. Merrill is a 7/8D, nothing more. Great locker room glue guy but not a reliable defenseman you want in the lineup all season.
This guy doesn't even crack the Habs line-up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad