Confirmed with Link: [MTL/COL] Habs acquire Andreas Martinsen for Sven Andrighetto

Status
Not open for further replies.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
He did his job tonight, played better that Radulov, but none of you guys want to admit it. Created more chances, played the body..

But at the end of the day the dude does not produce and has not been great since arriving. Habs needed size but also need more offence and none of the deadline moves addressed that and it might come back to haunt the team now.

Kboum

Nov 13, 2006
Sherbrooke
But at the end of the day the dude does not produce and has not been great since arriving. Habs needed size but also need more offence and none of the deadline moves addressed that and it might come back to haunt the team now.

yeah but at least he won his battles along the boards. Plek and Byron didn't and that line was non existant. Lekhonen and Shaw did win their battles and are pretty much the same size. Its all about the heart. I understand they need offense and maybe Ghetto got a few pts with the Avs but they lost almost all their game. ITs not a stats game you win or you don't. If you win 2-1 its better than a 6-5 loss.

Martinsen don't put up pts but he's not the reason the Habs lose. Plek, Nesterov, Byron and even Petry were last night. They allowed the only goal and didnt create any offense at all (if you take out the empty netter)

budro16

Jan 24, 2016
yeah but at least he won his battles along the boards. Plek and Byron didn't and that line was non existant. Lekhonen and Shaw did win their battles and are pretty much the same size. Its all about the heart. I understand they need offense and maybe Ghetto got a few pts with the Avs but they lost almost all their game. ITs not a stats game you win or you don't. If you win 2-1 its better than a 6-5 loss.

Martinsen don't put up pts but he's not the reason the Habs lose. Plek, Nesterov, Byron and even Petry were last night. They allowed the only goal and didnt create any offense at all (if you take out the empty netter)

I don't think he did win the majority of his battles at all. He may have won 1 or 2. Every time the puck got deep in the offensive zone with this line Ott and Martinsen could not win a board battle and retrieve it. They were laying the body, but the rangers got the puck basically every time.

Great way for someone with offensive potential like Chucky to get the chance. I may be wrong but i think his only chances with these guys was him carrying the puck over the blue line and firing a wrister on net.

Locks

May 28, 2005
It's pretty simple: We need offense. Ghetto has the potential to be an offensive player. We could have gotten Martinsen without giving up Ghetto. We shouldn't have traded Ghetto.

Respond to that.

I will: You nailed it!

If King with his two cups on his resume could be acquired for a fourth round pick, so could a no name player like Martinsen and I do like Martinsen.

As for Ghetto, MB will get the taste of his own medicine here: he stole Weise, Byron and Danault but this time another GM stole a solid player from him.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This is awesome. Habs got bigger and Ghetto was nothing but a smallish, perimeter player who won’t produce in the NHL!!!
Oh wait...

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Is someone going to make a tribute highlight video of Martinsen for us all to enjoy and reminisce about? I suggest "Heroes" by David Bowie as the soundtrack.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I will: You nailed it!

If King with his two cups on his resume could be acquired for a fourth round pick, so could a no name player like Martinsen and I do like Martinsen.

As for Ghetto, MB will get the taste of his own medicine here: he stole Weise, Byron and Danault but this time another GM stole a solid player from him.
I think they were going to lose Ghetto in expansion draft. Came down to him or Hudon. It would have saved Emelin....but 4 out of 5 Habs fans didn't like Emelin.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Is it too soon to remind some people how stupid that trade was? Yeah, too soon...okay...I'll be back.
Oh well, you can't win every trade......I doubt you'd bring up the Danault trade though, that would actually make Bergevin look good and we can't have that around here

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Oh well, you can't win every trade......I doubt you'd bring up the Danault trade though, that would actually make Bergevin look good and we can't have that around here

So can no trade be discussed in isolation, positive or negative?

What are the guidelines?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Oh wait..let me see...YEP! I did it! I applauded the trade THE SECOND I learned about it! I doubt you bring up that post though 'cause it would actually make you look bad and you don't want that here. Don't answer that....just pretend you didn't see it...it's better that way.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So can no trade be discussed in isolation, positive or negative?

What are the guidelines?

Nope. Well only when it serves their purpose. It is a Ghetto vs Martinsen thread but I should have talked about Danault. Makes perfect sense.

Reactions: Tighthead

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think they were going to lose Ghetto in expansion draft. Came down to him or Hudon. It would have saved Emelin....but 4 out of 5 Habs fans didn't like Emelin.
Bullshit!!! Bergevin and his minions are too stupid to think that far out.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Why would posters talk about Danault in the Martinsen for Andrighetto thread unless your goal was deflection?

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I was one who thought Ghetto didn't have a place on that team, mainly because he was 'another small player that we have too many of', wasn't sure about Martinsen, but I thought we finally added size and ruggedness.

I'm eating crows right now.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
These junk players are aquired all the time by other GMs...
Not many of them acquire this junk by trading offensive prospects who haven't been given a legitimate look on a team starving for offense.

The Habs didn't need Martinsen, and they had more than enough room in the lineup to have tried Ghetto out for a long-term opportunity.

If Ghetto wasn't in the plans, MB could at the very least used some creativity and included him in a package with Beaulieu with maybe another legitimate roster player like Galchenyuk or Gallagher to fix real holes instead of just trading Ghetto and Beaulieu away for nickles on the dollar.

The book is still out on Ghetto, but it doesn't change the fact that flipping him for a 10 game plug was a dumb deal.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I was one who thought Ghetto didn't have a place on that team, mainly because he was 'another small player that we have too many of', wasn't sure about Martinsen, but I thought we finally added size and ruggedness.

I'm eating crows right now.

In general, its a bad idea to trade talented players for players that aren't talented.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3 and Andy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad