Proposal: Mtl/Clb

TrapGod Jr

Apr 22, 2017
What would CLB want from MTL for their powerforward who’s been underperforming?...

Tatar? Kovy? +2nd or 3rd

Im curious to see what you guys think Josh Anderson’s worth..

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Columbus blue jackets fans love Josh anderson more than you live your wife. -Elliot Friedman (insert manson instead)

Anderson's the jackets Manson. Doubt they trade him barring an overpayment

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You're not going to get a good response when asking for a 25 year old that scored 27 goals and 47 points last year when you start off negotiations with a pending UFA.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
What would CLB want from MTL for their powerforward who’s been underperforming?...

Tatar? Kovy? +2nd or 3rd

I don't think they will trade him because he fits torts system very well and on the other side his value would be tough to set because this yr has been a horrible yr for him.....not sure may Columbus fans can chime in if he's been playing hurt all yr....if not and they trade him imo I'd look to trade him to like Boston or Colorado to get young nhl ready or almost there prospects not Tatar if they did it's a win for Canadians ....not saying those teams want him but if he is healthy by playoffs just his grit alone would help and he's still young and I believe a 1 yr Rfa next yr....tough one because of his play this yr

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Columbus blue jackets fans love Josh anderson more than you live your wife. -Elliot Friedman (insert manson instead)
Nah, just see him returning from injury being more beneficial than picks/prospects. I know he's at best a 4point winger, and doesn't even want to be here. And since CBJ are in full rebuild mode you are only trying to help then...AMIRITE?

Op: We have plenty of wingers, need a center. And yes we know, we don't have assets needed to get one. And no, Kovy or Tatar doesn't help us.

Reactions: cslebn

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Columbus currently occupies a playoff spot. Trading the guy that's probably most built for the playoffs would be a huge mistake.

CBJ fans are probably happy hes having a down year so they can sign him for less.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Yes, there is a weekly thread on Josh Anderson. It usually starts out with what do the Blue Jackets want for him? Columbus fans say no thank you. Then people chime in with his 1 goal season.

A. Anderson has been injured most of the season
B. He is one season removed from a 27 goal season
C. Anderson is a big, fast power forward built for the playoffs
D. He is a cost controlled pending RFA

If he recovers and joins the lineup for the playoff run, it's like adding a valuable player at no cost. Due to this, unless someone offers something that improves the Blue Jackets immediately and for the future and at a position of need (hint, hint, top 6 C) there is no reason to trade him. I can't imagine any GM is going to offer this but there is no other incentive to trade him this season.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Yes, there is a weekly thread on Josh Anderson. It usually starts out with what do the Blue Jackets want for him? Columbus fans say no thank you. Then people chime in with his 1 goal season.

A. Anderson has been injured most of the season
B. He is one season removed from a 27 goal season
C. Anderson is a big, fast power forward built for the playoffs
D. He is a cost controlled pending RFA

If he recovers and joins the lineup for the playoff run, it's like adding a valuable player at no cost. Due to this, unless someone offers something that improves the Blue Jackets immediately and for the future and at a position of need (hint, hint, top 6 C) there is no reason to trade him. I can't imagine any GM is going to offer this but there is no other incentive to trade him this season.
This. The end result is that, for all practical purposes, we have no interest in trading Josh Anderson.

Reactions: Spazkat

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Tatar is worth more than Anderson. Tatar and Gallagher together equals fire. I'd only trade Tatar for futures (1st + solid prospect) thank you very much.

Also, Montreal aren't and should not be buyers, Marc. They are... NOT making the playoffs.

A buyer buys players usually for the rest of this season.

Anderson would be a hockey trade/investment.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Tatar? Kovy? +2nd or 3rd

I’d want to package him to get Domi.

Jackets are disinclined to trade Anderson. He’s a good player, a goal-scoring power forward, when at his best can take over shifts.
He’s been hurt all season, so his value would appear suppressed, but Jackets would be looking to get actual versus perceived value. Of course, fans of other teams in here trying to paint him as having lower value. Understandable I guess.

Jackets need a 2C. If they could get one with Anderson or Anderson plus, then maybe the team looks to trade him. Otherwise, hope he returns fully healthy and engaged and you put him in the lineup because he’s better than a bunch of guys they’re playing right now.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Jackets are disinclined to trade Anderson. He’s a good player, a goal-scoring power forward, when at his best can take over shifts.
He’s been hurt all season, so his value would appear suppressed, but Jackets would be looking to get actual versus perceived value. Of course, fans of other teams in here trying to paint him as having lower value. Understandable I guess.

Jackets need a 2C. If they could get one with Anderson or Anderson plus, then maybe the team looks to trade him. Otherwise, hope he returns fully healthy and engaged and you put him in the lineup because he’s better than a bunch of guys they’re playing right now.

Well Domi is a 2C... That being said, i would ask for your 1st on top of Anderson for Domi. So i guess it is a no go. Next.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
If we happen to get a 1st from someone else somehow (probably in some other hypothetical trade), maybe that sort of thing can be revisited. Otherwise, yeah, it's a no-go.

Domi is the only interesting deal for CBJ

The fact that Montreal have a logjam at both C and LW makes one of Tatar, Drouin or Domi likely available for the right trade. I’ve always been a fan of Anderson’s game and the fact that he’s a RW makes him very interesting for me. What happened this year? I mean, what type of injury did he had? How serious was it?

I would be willing to revisit this in the off-season. First, I want to know where the draft pick will be and how Anderson’s recovery is going. If everything is in check and the pick is between 15-20, then we can talk further about if* it’s still a good fit for both teams.

*By if I mean I would rather keep Domi and make Tatar available but if we can’t get a good return for him I would look at what’s out there for Domi and Drouin and if a hockey trade can be made to fill a need on our roster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad