11th overall
12th overall

Isles:
3rd overall
61st overall

MTL:
13th overall
Tufte, Riley
Conditional 2019 2nd (If Pacioretty resigns or Dallas makes the playoffs next year)

Dallas:
Pacioretty, Max
66th overall

MTL:
8th overall
70th overall

CHI:
11th Overall
Lehkonen, Artturi
56th overall

Lots of movements I know, but that leads to Mtl drafting 8th, 12th, and 13th overall.

8th: Jesperi Kotkaniemi
12th: Bode Wilde
13th: Joseph Veleno

Mtl still maintains its two earliest 2nd rounders, and backs up 4 spots in the 3rd round as well as shedding Max Pacioretty & Lehkonen on the wings.

Chicago backs up 3 spots but obtains a great ELC guy + a late 2nd round pick. (Slight overpayment from MTL, but guarantees a shot a Kotkaniemi.)

Isles make a big splash in climbing into the top 3 and getting an Elite player to potentially replace Tavares & help Barzal going forward.

Dallas makes the big splash helping them make the playoffs next year, reuniting Radulov & Max Pac on their 2nd line.

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I’d rather keep 8 personally. The Hawks are pretty strong at wing.

Comes in and may not like what he sees, but uses a logical reason to state why rather than just simply call this trash, or that trash. Well done.

From a habs perspective I can't help feel that we get a little extra in all the deals, but it's not a gross amount like that most.

Compared to most deals, I'd say OP at least took the other team into consideration and at least didn't just send them crap for good stuff.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
The Islanders Brass would really have to be in love with someone to do that trade.

I don't think the Islanders Faithful on HF is in love with anyone enough to make that trade (this is assuming Svechnikov goes #2).

I'd rather stay at #11 and explore trading down from #12 depending on who is on the board.

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
Comes in and may not like what he sees, but uses a logical reason to state why rather than just simply call this trash, or that trash. Well done.

From a habs perspective I can't help feel that we get a little extra in all the deals, but it's not a gross amount like that most.

Compared to most deals, I'd say OP at least took the other team into consideration and at least didn't just send them crap for good stuff.

I rather went with a slight overpay from MTL on most trades as in the end it still leaves them with 3 great young prospects and their earliest seconds.

It really was a switch of 5 picks within the top 61 to make it be 5 picks within the top 40 in parts of the draft that provide a better match for MTL's needs.

But this is a rebuild move, I doubt Bergevin would be brave enough to do that.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Not interested from a Montreal POV. I'm not interested in losing out on the top end skill that will be available at #3. Acquiring additional pick(s) in the first round should be accomplished by trading Max.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Patches to Dallas is simple. 13th pick for a guy with a single year is more than reasonable. Im not willing to add anything to that deal if MTL want more then we just sign someone else

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
The Islanders Brass would really have to be in love with someone to do that trade.

I don't think the Islanders Faithful on HF is in love with anyone enough to make that trade (this is assuming Svechnikov goes #2).

I'd rather stay at #11 and explore trading down from #12 depending on who is on the board.

I won't do anything to trade up, but I'd do it for Hughes.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I won't do anything to trade up, but I'd do it for Hughes.

I don't know enough about Hughes' upside to say if I would do it or not. What I do know is that NYI needs a top pairing defenseman, and Hughes' game sounds like what I wish Leddy's was.

I think Montreal would be trading down to pick Kotkaniemi however, and there's a good chance he's not available at #11.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
horrible for the isles if we stay where we are id be thrilled with Smith and veleno, no need to reinvent the wheel here

both players have top ten talent and skill

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
13 OA , Tufte and a conditional 2nd for Pacioretty would be WAY to rich from Dallas. If it was just the 13th OA for Pacioretty and a 2nd then i think Dallas would do it.

Perhaps a conditional 1st from Montreal in 19-20 if Pacioretty does not sign a contract. There has to be something coming back to Dallas if he doesn't sign a contract here. What could be 1 year for the 13 OA is not going to work.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
13 OA , Tufte and a conditional 2nd for Pacioretty would be WAY to rich from Dallas. If it was just the 13th OA for Pacioretty and a 2nd then i think Dallas would do it.

Perhaps a conditional 1st from Montreal in 19-20 if Pacioretty does not sign a contract. There has to be something coming back to Dallas if he doesn't sign a contract here. What could be 1 year for the 13 OA is not going to work.

Tufte resume doesn't look too good other then draft position... but I'm only stat watching here and I may be totally wrong. There's already pick 66 going back... looking at this years projections, I don't think I would trade that pick for Tufte.

This means, for my perspective it looks like 13th overall + Cond. 2nd 2019 Vs Pacioretty

Either you re-sign him (probably similar to Radu) and are really happy to have strong forward group for 5 years +. Or you make the playoffs, the pick is later and have a chance at the cup...

I wouldn't do the other deals as a habs fan.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I do not like the idea of trading our 3rd OA for the 11th and 12th when we already got a good depth in picks this year.

That Chicago deal is pretty useless. Keep Lekhonen and the 11th.

That Dallas deal is okay.

Reactions: jfhabs

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I do not like the idea of trading our 3rd OA for the 11th and 12th when we already got a good depth in picks this year.

That Chicago deal is pretty useless. Keep Lekhonen and the 11th.

That Dallas deal is okay.

Exactly this, I wouldn't be jumping off my chair if we made the Dallas deal but I would be satisfied. Not interested in the other 2.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
MTL:
11th overall
12th overall

Isles:
3rd overall
61st overall

MTL:
13th overall
Tufte, Riley
Conditional 2019 2nd (If Pacioretty resigns or Dallas makes the playoffs next year)

Dallas:
Pacioretty, Max
66th overall

MTL:
8th overall
70th overall

CHI:
11th Overall
Lehkonen, Artturi
56th overall

Lots of movements I know, but that leads to Mtl drafting 8th, 12th, and 13th overall.

8th: Jesperi Kotkaniemi
12th: Bode Wilde
13th: Joseph Veleno

Mtl still maintains its two earliest 2nd rounders, and backs up 4 spots in the 3rd round as well as shedding Max Pacioretty & Lehkonen on the wings.

Chicago backs up 3 spots but obtains a great ELC guy + a late 2nd round pick. (Slight overpayment from MTL, but guarantees a shot a Kotkaniemi.)

Isles make a big splash in climbing into the top 3 and getting an Elite player to potentially replace Tavares & help Barzal going forward.

Dallas makes the big splash helping them make the playoffs next year, reuniting Radulov & Max Pac on their 2nd line.
T he only deal i wouldn't mind is the Dallas one. I have no interest in giving up an elite prospect for 2 mer prospects which would cancel out the Hawks deal. Easy no from the Habs.

Reactions: Deam78

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad