Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CGY] Sean Monahan and conditional 2024/25/26 1st round pick for future considerations

Status
Not open for further replies.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Go Calgary, go!

This isn't sarcasm. I'm loving their offseason.

Reactions: Fig

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Not the same thing on any level. Those were trade deadline acquisitions. Understand the market.

So all the people saying Chiarot wouldn't get a first didn't realize we would be trading him at the TDL? You're not making a great argument for their (your) awareness.

Reactions: viceroy

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Nobody thought Petry had high value after last season, get some new material brah
Look at the Habs board before and after the draft and tell me "Nobody" thought petry had high value. There were also trade proposals on this forum about trading petry to the Stars for their 17OA pick.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
HabsGM.jpg

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Its never as much as Montreal fans say its going to be. They thought they were getting Ottawa's first for Anderson and Dvorak haha.
Wait what about when we were right about Chariot and Lehkonen. and Then Lehk was even better than we told everyone he was.

Reactions: viceroy

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Honestly a great trade for both teams, Calgary probably could have cleared cap in a more effective way but if you look at it as a 1st to swap Monahan for Kadri I don't hate it, solid price on his deal too.

For Montreal it's a no brainer... a 1 year cap dump to get a 1st? Sign me up.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
If it's a 1rst it'll end up being in the 15-20 range which is damn good for a guy Montreal can probably retain on and flip at the deadline.

Looking at it from Calgary's perspective there's not many teams that can take on cap right now so swapping Monahan and a 1rst for Kadri is a really good deal as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad