Upstate NY
Stamkos not that long ago AFAIR
giphy16.gif

Reactions: RandyHolt

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Impressive game all around. Chorney and Ness still sketch me out when we play tougher competition though. Not sure they can handle it. Like Beagle playing nasty this game with no Willy on ice. Walker played with his usual edge too, congrats for the butt goal too! Most of the goals he scores in his career are probably going to be gritty/lucky goals so might as well start it off with one. :D Holtby looked outstanding when tested. Ovechkin continues to impress. Kuznetsov too. I know Vrana missed the wide open net but he's played really well the first two games. Absolutely no reason to take him off that line right now.

Go Caps!

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I'm curious what this team will look like when Ovechkin isn't playing like it's 2008. They're a good team, but they need to get Bowey up and probably find another 6 if they're not gonna give Djoos a shot.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Thought Walker looked nervous with the puck, as can probably be expected in his first game.

Ness and Chorney were a little better tonight but still pretty weak. Djoos deserves a chance soon.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'm curious what this team will look like when Ovechkin isn't playing like it's 2008. They're a good team, but they need to get Bowey up and probably find another 6 if they're not gonna give Djoos a shot.

It's not just Ovi, it's the whole line that's on fire. Kuzy is dancing like he normally does and Vrana is showing his skill at the NHL level.

Djoos will get some games, and then Bowey will get his turn too. They're going to need some games under their belt, Trotz needs to get them ready for the playoffs.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
First two games of the season have been great. I hope the last two are as good.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
These first two games are why it has been so frustrating seeing Kuznetsov and Ovechkin apart for the majority of the past two seasons. They clearly have a fantastic chemistry and their line is always dynamic, even if they are a little weak defensively. Of course this insane scoring pace isn’t going to continue but their underlying play has always been top notch. Kuznetsov is just ridiculous at setting up quality chances and Ovechkin is a...decent finisher.

Most of the defenders were shaky tonight but it’s really hard to draw conclusions when the game was pretty much decided after 3 minutes. Score effects are a bitch.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
What a night, fellas. Ovie's 4th goals and Walker's first goal. That was fun. Nice surprise from the caps. though still think ovie is covering major holes in this team so far. can't wait when bowey and djoos in the lineup.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
These first two games are why it has been so frustrating seeing Kuznetsov and Ovechkin apart for the majority of the past two seasons. They clearly have a fantastic chemistry and their line is always dynamic, even if they are a little weak defensively. Of course this insane scoring pace isn’t going to continue but their underlying play has always been top notch. Kuznetsov is just ridiculous at setting up quality chances and Ovechkin is a...decent finisher.

Most of the defenders were shaky tonight but it’s really hard to draw conclusions when the game was pretty much decided after 3 minutes. Score effects are a bitch.

Yep.

That combo isn't fair.

They're basically tap-ins for Ovi.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
What a night, fellas. Ovie's 4th goals and Walker's first goal. That was fun. Nice surprise from the caps. though still think ovie is covering major holes in this team so far. can't wait when bowey and djoos in the lineup.

That has been his job for the past 12 years. When the Caps are in trouble, it's almost always #8 to the rescue. He hasn't done that at all last year, so it's good to see him being dominant in a game again.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Oh yeah Ovy’s totally going to score like this all season. Just as simple as flipping the switch and pairing him with Kuzy.

Just enjoy the start and stop lobbying for I told you so positioning.

Reactions: g00n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad