Proposal: MTL - ARI

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
Montreal: David Reinbacher

Arizona: Dylan Guenther

Montreal has a log jam at D… they leverage this to add a top 6 goal scoring winger

Arizona adds a top pair RD to anchor their top pair with Simashev
The log jam is at left D and if we were trading Reinbacher it would be for a potential number one center not a top six goal scoring winger .

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Montreal has a log jam at D… they leverage this to add a top 6 goal scoring winger

I liked Guenther when he was teammates with Guhle so I would be interested but no way do I see the Habs doing this as it would be a bad look.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia

I doubt Habs trade Reinbacher

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
The Habs chose Reinbacher because RD is a key position, and chose him ahead of highly rated wingers, I doubt they want to reverse that decision this early.

If you really want to poach a RD out of Montreal, Barron or Mailloux would be better targets (though they obviously are worth less)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The Habs chose Reinbacher because RD is a key position, and chose him ahead of highly rated wingers, I doubt they want to reverse that decision this early.

If you really want to poach a RD out of Montreal, Barron or Mailloux would be better targets (though they obviously are worth less)

You can't trade Mailloux, he likely won't return the value and he could be their best prospect as he's got a very impressive mix of size and skill.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Not a chance before Reinbacher shows his skill set on North American ice. It's an unwritten rule, you don't trade someone you just drafted, unless he's a problem. Doing so would just open a can of worms for the player.

Reactions: montreal

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC

Honestly who would you rather have Guenther or Matvei Michtov? That's who Habs passed on to take Reinbacher they're not trading him now for Guenther.

Reactions: Play and Jared Dunn

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Value aside, while Habs are loaded with LHD prospects, we only had Mailloux that was kinda good that plays RHD

Reinbacher, hopefully, will play 1rst or second pair at RHD

We need him, more than we need a winger of similar talent (is he? That's another debate)

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
The question is why do you want to trade Dylan Guenther already?

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We do need a top 6 RW but not at the cost of Rein

I would do Barron and a late 1st for a RW. But not our first.

I would also put Habs top 6-8 1st in play for a top young center already in the NHL.

Reactions: Nevins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad