Proposal: MTL and CGY

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
McCarron + 3rd

for

Jankowski + Brouwer

Synopsis: Calgary gets rid of that awful Brouwer contract (permitting he waives). Habs get a big C prospect with upside. Calgary get a big C prospect with a little less upside and a middle pick. Does this work? Not sure on accurate value of Jankowski, but I think he can project as a potential top 6... so this is a stab at it.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Yep, Jankowski projects as a top 6 center, so why would we trade him? It's not worth moving Jankowski to get Brouwer off the books. We're doing just fine. This offer is not good and not enticing at all for Calgary. Easy pass.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Habs fans won't like this because Jankowski hasn't proven any more than McCarron in the NHL yet. Flames fans won't like this because they think very highly of Jankowski.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Habs fans won't like this because Jankowski hasn't proven any more than McCarron in the NHL yet. Flames fans won't like this because they think very highly of Jankowski.

He is visibly a much better hockey player than McCarron, so would do it from a Montreal perspective. Unless Calgary had some sudden need for cap space I can't imagine them being remotely interested

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
McCarron + 3rd

for

Jankowski + Brouwer

Synopsis: Calgary gets rid of that awful Brouwer contract (permitting he waives). Habs get a big C prospect with upside. Calgary get a big C prospect with a little less upside and a middle pick. Does this work? Not sure on accurate value of Jankowski, but I think he can project as a potential top 6... so this is a stab at it.

Flames fans love Jankowski and think he is basically a combo of Gretzky/Lindros/Bergeron so you will likely get killed for this by them.

I would make the move in a heartbeat but I have zero hope for Jankowski turning into anything and hate Brouwer's contract so it makes sense to me. The move for me would be more about shedding Brouwer's deal than really adding much in Mccarron but he looks like he can take a legit shift on a 3rd line so he isn't completely useless.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Flames fans love Jankowski and think he is basically a combo of Gretzky/Lindros/Bergeron so you will likely get killed for this by them.
It's okay, they think the same about 0-point Bennett.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Brouwer has actually been an NHL caliber player this year at least.

We can wait two more years before we have to get rid of him.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
He is visibly a much better hockey player than McCarron, so would do it from a Montreal perspective. Unless Calgary had some sudden need for cap space I can't imagine them being remotely interested

If it was just around Jankowski and McCarron then sure since there's no question Jankowski is the guy with more upside but Brouwer makes it tricky. At the moment we have the cap space to take on his contract but three years is a lot. He probably wouldn't be as useless in Montreal as he is in Calgary but I still really don't want him.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
It's okay, they think the same about 0-point Bennett.

Not really. Bennett is a whipping boy this year despite being very good so far and pretty unlucky to have 0 points.

The 0 points thing is more to show who actually watches him play and who is just lazy enough to look at a stat sheet.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

It isn't a sudden need but they do need a top 6 winger and Brouwer isn't close to that. If they were to shed his salary they could use that to fill the hole on RW.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Not really. Bennett is a whipping boy this year despite being very good so far and pretty unlucky to have 0 points.

The 0 points thing is more to show who actually watches him play and who is just lazy enough to look at a stat sheet.
Excuses, excuses.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Then why is he always in trade rumors? Why is he on the 4th line?
Marner was also on the 4th line.

Also, Galchenyuk's being wasted away by a coach/GM who clearly don't like him. He scores a goal and gets benched/is demoted (if away from 4th line) because Julien & Bergevin would rather see their homeboi, the Quebecois Jo' Drouin make the headlines.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Pass. I'd rather keep Jankowski and have Brouwer for the 4th line. Brouwers contract isn't handicapping the Flames cap situation at all right now, and he can atleast kill penalties.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Marner was also on the 4th line.

Also, Galchenyuk's being wasted away by a coach/GM who clearly don't like him. He scores a goal and gets benched/is demoted (if away from 4th line) because Julien & Bergevin would rather see their homeboi, the Quebecois Jo' Drouin make the headlines.

Sounds awfully familiar to Bennett's situation being stapled on the bottom 6. So does that make them both busts?

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Sounds awfully familiar to Bennett's situation being stapled on the bottom 6. So does that make them both busts?
Galchenyuk still has 3 goals while playing with scrubs. Bennett: 0 points, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad