Proposal: Mtl/Ana

Davin Craft

Nov 7, 2017
I think Pacioretty going to the Ducks is a great fit. The Ducks have a great two year window before Kesler and Getzlaf get older. Also they are going to have to extend some young budding stars with will make it harder to add talent in the future. I believe Pacioretty makes them a serious Stanley Cup contender the next two seasons and this is time the Ducks need to strike. I know that Sam Steel is off limits for Patches, however for Anaheim to outbid the competition they are going to have to give up Larsson. With Lindholm, Fowler, Montour, and Manson I believe this is a price they'd be willing to pay.
So the deal would look something like this..

Mtl gets

Larsson and 18' 1st

Or

Larsson and Jones

For

Ana gets

Pacioretty

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Not interested in trading a 1st and Larsson or Larsson and Jones for Pacioretty who hasn't been that good of a playoff performer.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I would decline

I'm not sold on Jones and Larsson or a late 1st round pick.

Pacioretty just doesn't excite me enough to put up our top prospect... id rather hold on to Larsson.

As for not sold on them, jones is a wild card so id agree... Larsson will be a top 4 dmen in the not too distant future. The pick is okay... a lot of draft sites have Veleno still on the board where we are at now so id keep the pick personally. We don't exactly need a winger Rakell, Kase, Perry, Ritchie, Cogliano, Silfverberg is a good enough set of wingers given our center depth.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Every year our GM flat out states that he won't move his top young cost controlled players for short term gain and sticks to it. Simply one of the last teams that should come to mind if you're hoping to get a bounty of young talent for Patches, Murray isn't going to do that.

I really don't see why the Ducks would come to mind anyway. They have a top line LW signed to a great contract who has chemistry with Getzlaf. There's no way in hell anyone would target a guy like Pacioretty to play on the matchup line with Kesler. Already have Henrique and Perry to carry the third line. Surely you can think of a team more desperate for his services.

Reactions: Spazkat

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Every year our GM flat out states that he won't move his top young cost controlled players for short term gain and sticks to it. Simply one of the last teams that should come to mind if you're hoping to get a bounty of young talent for Patches, Murray isn't going to do that.

I really don't see why the Ducks would come to mind anyway. They have a top line LW signed to a great contract who has chemistry with Getzlaf. There's no way in hell anyone would target a guy like Pacioretty to play on the matchup line with Kesler. Already have Henrique and Perry to carry the third line. Surely you can think of a team more desperate for his services.

Like most of the Habs trade threads this isn't about what other teams need is more of "you have things we want" thread.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
The value is fine, but not the overpayment the Habs are probably looking for, and too big of a chunk of futures than Anaheim needs to entertain for a guy that would be a luxury piece on an already deep roster with no holes up front.

I don't think the Ducks should be looking to have another forward spot locked down beyond this season, nor the salary that comes with it. If GM Murray wants to add another forward, it should be a pure rental IMO, and not one that involves our top prospects or our 1st (a guy like Grabner seems like a typical Murray target).

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
The value is fine, but not the overpayment the Habs are probably looking for, and too big of a chunk of futures than Anaheim needs to entertain for a guy that would be a luxury piece on an already deep roster with no holes up front.

I don't think the Ducks should be looking to have another forward spot locked down beyond this season, nor the salary that comes with it. If GM Murray wants to add another forward, it should be a pure rental IMO, and not one that involves our top prospects or our 1st (a guy like Grabner seems like a typical Murray target).
Where do you even put another forward? Our top 6 seems full, our third line might need an upgrade over Ritchie but they won’t move him to the 4th or bench him.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Just a question for you: when was the last time a Ducks 1st rounder didn’t turn out? Serious question. For me, a prospect gains value simply by being drafted by the Ducks.

If you mean didn't turn out as in being a NHL player then in 2007 Logan MacMillan 1st round 19th overall with 0 NHL games played. Every other 1st round pick has played over 200 games or should if healthy going further among those that have played in NHL so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad