Msm

bigguy13

Nov 16, 2010
Edmonton
Why does the msm ask the new management the needed questions now and for the last 20 yrs tip toe around the old boys club? #muchneededchange. Can't wait too hear now how tough our msm questions come out of terry jones and jim Matheson to name a few.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Why does the msm ask the new management the needed questions now and for the last 20 yrs tip toe around the old boys club? #muchneededchange. Can't wait too hear now how tough our msm questions come out of terry jones and jim Matheson to name a few.

dude-wtf.jpg

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
msm??????

Mainstream media.

Yeah, it's a warranted question. I think they understood the ties that the OBC had with Katz that are no longer here with this group. Nicholson, Chiarelli, etc, are all business bodies instead of friends. Asking them legitimate questions that won't attack their ego, because they're not losers like Lowe and MacT, won't disrupt your media access like asking the OBC would have.

It's pathetic, and that's all thanks to Katz, who ran this team like it was his marionette doll for the first, almost decade.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Agree with the OP. I was surprised Rishaug asked Chiarelli about the Seguin trade. Never would have if Lowe or MacT had made that deal.

Ssseth

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton
Agree with the OP. I was surprised Rishaug asked Chiarelli about the Seguin trade. Never would have if Lowe or MacT had made that deal.
I will have you know that Chiarelli doesn't have 6 rings and barely knows a thing or two about winning. :sarcasm:

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011

Yep. 10 years of head scratching moves without any pointed questions and Chia is already being doubted within a day of being appointed GM.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Yep, Rishaug tweeting Chiarelli's miscues all morning on twitter. Which is fine, that's his job and it's good to see stuff like that. But I don't really recall him calling out MacT or Lowe like that in the past.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I mean it's good to be critical, but I really hope they don't go overboard like the Toronto media. Nobody would want to GM/coach there.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
MacT was only on the job 2 years!! He was cleaning up Tambo's mess!!

White Water Kayker

Nov 28, 2014
MacT was only on the job 2 years!! He was cleaning up Tambo's mess!!

I hired housecleaners once when I was selling a property - paid a lot and got almost nothing. Same deal with MacT as GM - he made some dreadful decisions in those two years and they did nothing to "clean up" Tambo's mess, which, let's face it, had Lowe written all over it.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
Probably because they were afraid of Katz's pals, but don't think he has the same emotional attachment to outsiders so they have less fear of being blacklisted.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I hired housecleaners once when I was selling a property - paid a lot and got almost nothing. Same deal with MacT as GM - he made some dreadful decisions in those two years and they did nothing to "clean up" Tambo's mess, which, let's face it, had Lowe written all over it.

Miraculously dumped that horrible Horcoff contract. Despite how it looks now dumping Doobie was also cleaning up one of Tambo's messes.

Agreed on the dreadful decisions. Eakins, Nikitin, and Ference singings are the three most egregious IMO.

I hope Chia dumps Ference. Unlikely, as he spoke glowingly of Ference when the Oilers signed him. Bold moves please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad