Injury Report: Mrazek (Groin) [Update 10/16: Out 2 weeks]

Ronnie Residue

Burns is daddy.
Feb 15, 2015
On, Canada
So hopefully it's not too bad. I'd be worried if he had repeated groin injuries.

Who was the goalie that made fun of/got pissed at any goalie that had a groin injury? He said that they were lazy and just didn't stretch enough lol
I could be mistaken but I think that was Kelly Rhudey

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
So hopefully it's not too bad. I'd be worried if he had repeated groin injuries.

Who was the goalie that made fun of/got pissed at any goalie that had a groin injury? He said that they were lazy and just didn't stretch enough lol

That was Kelly Krudey, can’t remember who he was talking about though but what a bizarre take.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
There is some inherent risk when your #1 and starting goalie Campbell has never started more than 25 games in a NHL season, and that is due in part to his past injury history.

A reliable #2 goalie then is essential for this plan to work as a tandem. Marzek due to his injuries only played in 12 games last season.

This season for the Leafs is going to rely heavily on how this plays out. Lets cross our fingers and hope for the best because I don't think any Leaf fan wants to see Hutchinson carry the load and responsibility for Leafs success.
Campbell hadn't started that many games because he wasn't very good. He sucked on Dallas. He came into his own in LA. He's never been good enough to warrant 55 starts up until now. Nothing to do with injuries.

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
Forsburg clearly. Is there someone who thinks otherwise? Mrazek was fantastic I'm the second period though.
Nope. Mrazek was better. All 3 goals were weird. Some kicked in, some deflections 1 foot in front of him. Forsburg just pulled a "played out of this world because its the leafs" game.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Nope. Mrazek was better. All 3 goals were weird. Some kicked in, some deflections 1 foot in front of him. Forsburg just pulled a "played out of this world because its the leafs" game.
I disagree. Forsburg was better. 2 of the goals were flukey, but the third one was poor. Marazek was fantastic in the second.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
So who plays the back to back next week? Bishop? Or does Pridham mess around on a spread sheet and come up with a cap solution.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
I disagree. Forsburg was better. 2 of the goals were flukey, but the third one was poor. Marazek was fantastic in the second.

Re-watch third goal please. Kase brutal turnover. Senators player takes a wild spin shot. Ricochets off someone to a clean one-timer to the Sens player.

All 3 goals are a write off for me. Once these weird plays stopped, Mrazek shut it down.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
All things considered, two weeks isn’t too bad. I was expecting longer, to be honest. Although a groin is one of those nagging injuries one has to be super careful as to not re-aggregate it.

It is crazy though the amount of injuries that have occurred just days in throughout the league.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
not sure whats funny the poster proved it with a link to his post from july 28th. seems the poster predicted it no?
No, in fact, a different poster, capfur, in the same thread was more accurate, but still didn't predict that he would be injured in his first start. We all knew he had an injury history and that it was possible that he would get injured at sometime.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I want to like Marazek, but if he can't last 2 periods without getting hurt people are going to turn on him really quick

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
So stupid. Im a goalie. I've had groin issues and I stretch one hour before arriving to the rink and 30 minutes at the rink.
Wow. I had a bad groin pull a few years ago. Part of my rehabilitation was doing yoga. When I finally got back to playing goal again, I continued to do this half hour yoga routine before games and I found it was worse for me. Would feel really tight in the hips and groin the next day. Talked to my PT the next day and he said over stretching can be bad because you can weaken the tendons , muscles etc.

Now I just stretch for a few minutes before puck drop and its worked out much better for me.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Wow. I had a bad groin pull a few years ago. Part of my rehabilitation was doing yoga. When I finally got back to playing goal again, I continued to do this half hour yoga routine before games and I found it was worse for me. Would feel really tight in the hips and groin the next day. Talked to my PT the next day and he said over stretching can be bad because you can weaken the tendons , muscles etc.

Now I just stretch for a few minutes before puck drop and its worked out much better for me.
Look into Maria mountains butterfly challenge. It's a great two week program that really helps with flexibility and mobility.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Mrazek plays half the time and is getting 3.8 million. Pro rates to 7.6 million over 82. Very injury prone and not that good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad