Mr. Molson, even Supreme Court of Canada is now laughing at this organisation

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
This week at a SCC hearing, the court was debating identification of copyright pirates. At one point one of Judges provides an example of an email address as "GoHabsGo" prompting another one to crack a joke referring to Habs woes sending the whole court into laughter. Starts around 25th min of the webcast:

Supreme Court of Canada - SCC Case Information - Webcast of the Hearing on 2018-04-26 - 37679

Even the most impartial instance in the country can't resist this circus. Once a respected franchise is now the Court Jester. Well done Mr. Lolson, how low do you dear to go?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I like how the Judge who came up with the "GoHabsGo" example and who was razzed by the Judge next to him, attempted to backtrack.

The example he was giving, starts at 25:28, where he utters "Let's say, one of my nephews, his email address is GoHabsGo..."

The Justice next to him snaps back, "Well, that's pretty sad, yeah." :laugh:

The whole court erupts in laughter, which prompts the Judge who made the initial remark to qualify the statement with "he's older, he's older".

And then the other Judge who responded earlier added, "there was a time."

There is no escaping it -- the Habs' woes have engulfed the judiciary.

Nice catch. How did you come across it? A rare thing to see a Supreme Court hearing clip on a hockey site.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
They should make a team and you'll see them putting everyone to court lol

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Holy crap.

The Highest Court in the land has just ruled against this organization, meaning MB.

Molson, what else do you need ?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Holy crap.

The Highest Court in the land has just ruled against this organization, meaning MB.

Molson, what else do you need ?

And the verdict, My Lord?

Guilty as charged!!

Guilty of false representation in passing off this edition of the Montreal Canadiens as an NHL product.

Guilty in ownership having taken too long before intervening to curtail the nepotist and cronyist ways of a misguided GM.

Guilty in placing food, fan experience and secret plans before the viability of on-ice talent and coaching staff.

Guilty in accepting that the GM's performance be limited to an obligation of means when it should have been an obligation of result.

And worse of all ... guilty of wearing purple pants and having coaching staff parading in moobs-enhancing wear before the cameras!

The whole with costs.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Been following on and off the copyright reform and decided to tune into this hearing for fun. Glad what I thought of to be a bunch of serious dinosaurs have a sense of humor even if it is at the expense of our Habs. Better laugh than cry... :D

Why are you following that? You know money will buy votes again. When it comes to copyright and patent system you must have lot of money to make things change. We are lucky things like the wheel and language were not invented today as you would need to pay a fee every time you build something with a wheel or speak. I think it's crazy that in most countries you can make money on content 69 years after the creator's death. Copyright laws and patent were meant to protect the creator not the descendant of the descendant of the creator or whatever rich guy the descendant of the descendant of the creator decided to sell the rights too.

People in computer science have been asking for a change to the patent laws for years because of the patent trolls and nothing move simply because said patent trolls have a lot of money to buy votes ... and patents (most of which are not enforceable in a court of law if you have lot of money to defend yourself instead of paying but still have been awarded just because).

Last edited:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
And the verdict, My Lord?

Guilty as charged!!

Guilty of false representation in passing off this edition of the Montreal Canadiens as an NHL product.

Guilty in ownership having taken too long before intervening to curtail the nepotist and cronyist ways of a misguided GM.

Guilty in placing food, fan experience and secret plans before the viability of on-ice talent and coaching staff.

Guilty in accepting that the GM's performance be limited to an obligation of means when it should have been an obligation of result.

And worse of all ... guilty of wearing purple pants and having coaching staff parading in moobs-enhancing wear before the cameras!

The whole with costs.

And the sentence is banishment. No contact with anything to do with the Habs. Remainder of contract nulified. And to write out 10000 times " I am sorry for being an arrogant SOB and for screwing up the team "

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And the sentence is banishment. No contact with anything to do with the Habs. Remainder of contract nulified. And to write out 10000 times " I am sorry for being an arrogant SOB and for screwing up the team "

It would probably also take an ankle bracelet. And an order to stay away from steroids.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It wasn’t that long ago that counsel saying “Good Morning” could get an admonishment for being overly familiar.

It usually depends on what a given judge had for breakfast that morning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad