Celebrity Death: Mr. Hockey, Gordie Howe, 88

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
One of the less surprising passings of 2016, but still a sad day.

Howe was one of the greats, if not the greatest hockey players of all time, depending on who you ask.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
RIP Mr. Howe.

148242.jpg

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Seems like only yesterday he was lacing up the skates to play in an IHL game so he could claim playing professionally in 6 different decades. But I suppose that was over 10 years ago now, especially since the IHL has been dead for at least a decade. That's what you call devotion to the game.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
What a great player he was. Failing health, so maybe this was a blessing in disguise.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
and for ALI there was a GENERAL SPORTS section http://hfboards.mandatory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98

what is your point-you are a ranger fan and it annoys you a red wing is loved at a level no ranger has been(messier will always be remembered as an oiler)

Yea, nobody visits the boxing forum so it wouldn't have made sense to put it there for ALI.

And I have absolutely zero hate for the Wings so you need to relax a bit with your crazy theories. :laugh:

edit - just saw your occupation in your profile..makes more sense now.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Yea, nobody visits the boxing forum so it wouldn't have made sense to put it there for ALI.

And I have absolutely zero hate for the Wings so you need to relax a bit with your crazy theories. :laugh:

edit - just saw your occupation in your profile..makes more sense now.

I don't visit any of the hockey sections here anymore, and being a prominent sports figure and celebrity, this belongs on the entertainment board as much as anywhere else. Go talk about it on your hockey board and leave us alone if it bothers you so much.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad