Value of: Moving Zibanajad to 2c

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
zib had a great year, but I don't know why, but something about zib doesn't quite rub me right. I just feel he is too streaky and pots empty points at times

I just think a team with zib as a 1C won't win a cup, but that's my own opinion

Reactions: Unbiased Fan

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
Zibanejad is a Top 10 Center, and it's not debatable. He's been great not only last season but the last two seasons, super consistent, and he keeps getting better. He was on pace for almost 60 goals and 100+ pts in an 82 game seasons and would have likely wound up with 50/90 if he finished the season, even after missing 15 games early on. How many other Centers could even get lucky and do that in one season?

Reactions: Nifty Sauce

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Only thing that is keeping Zibby from being a number one center is staying healthy. Not sure what else he could have done last year to be considered a 1C? And the thing people always overlook is his ability to play both ends of the ice and pk very well.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Zib is absolutely a #1C and with the collection of talent on the wings I don’t see his production dropping anytime soon. Rangers need #2. Not sure who the target should be. Lots of team looking for a top 6c right now but least a #2 is a realistic possibility to add. A better C than Zibby is going to cost you Laf or something similar and that’s if someone even considers a top 1c available for even a talented wing prospect like Laf.

Reactions: bl02

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Eric Staal in his prime was Bergeron Esq and Ryan Johansson was thought to be trending upwards to a franchise level. While I agree that right now he was better then both I think Johansson HAD more value.

Even when Johansen broke out offensively many posters on the BJ board questioned his work ethic/motivation. I’ve never once seen anyone mention franchise C and Johansen in the same sentence until now. If someone said it it certainly wasn’t the opinion shared by the majority.

Eric Staal was an insane talent who other than a few different points in his career never played up the level I felt he could. Bergeron is a terrible comparison as he’s always been a gamer and a two way force on the ice. Staal couldn’t even hold a center position his entire career as he’s been shifted to wing also.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
This is some advanced trolling

All this effort to backhand compliment Zibanejad lol

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020
In a Eichel trade no he isn’t obviously Alexis Lafranier probably isn’t either...but I’d try everything I possibly could to not move him. I’m sure the rangers could.

Filip Chytil, Nils Lundqvist, Ryan Strome, Georgiev, Mark Staal, Brendan Smith 1st 2020 (24th ovr), 1st 2021 and 1st 2022 for Jack Eichel
Not sure if serious? Smith and staal = cap dumps. 3 likely late firsts?
Too much NHL 20 for you this quarantine... they get 1 good (?) roster player back for Eichel? In what world

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Zibanejad is a Top 10 Center, and it's not debatable. He's been great not only last season but the last two seasons, super consistent, and he keeps getting better. He was on pace for almost 60 goals and 100+ pts in an 82 game seasons and would have likely wound up with 50/90 if he finished the season, even after missing 15 games early on. How many other Centers could even get lucky and do that in one season?
Personally I’m a leafs fan but I would take Tavares over Zib and he’s far from a top 10 centre.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Not sure if serious? Smith and staal = cap dumps. 3 likely late firsts?
Too much NHL 20 for you this quarantine... they get 1 good (?) roster player back for Eichel? In what world
Actually I work 60 hours a week haven’t touched the Xbox since March lol

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
from a NYI fan perspective, Zibby looks like a #1 center to me. What do I know, I'm some guy tickling 5 irons in NE Florida these days

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Why don't you list your top 20 centers and why you feel they're in the top 20.
McDavid
Mackinnon
Crosby
Malkin
Drais
Eichel
Mathews
Kopitar
Bergeron
O’Rielly
Tavares
Seguin
Barzel
Pattersson
Stamkos
Towes
Schifele
Aho
Barkov

There is 20 centres undisputedly better then Zibby imo.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
McDavid
Mackinnon
Crosby
Malkin
Drais
Eichel
Mathews
Kopitar
Bergeron
O’Rielly
Tavares
Seguin
Barzel
Pattersson
Stamkos
Towes
Schifele
Aho
Barkov

your list contains 19 names ... :biglaugh:

Reactions: Heckler81

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Zib is absolutely a #1C and with the collection of talent on the wings I don’t see his production dropping anytime soon. Rangers need #2. Not sure who the target should be. Lots of team looking for a top 6c right now but least a #2 is a realistic possibility to add. A better C than Zibby is going to cost you Laf or something similar and that’s if someone even considers a top 1c available for even a talented wing prospect like Laf.

uh... wut?

yeah, no he's not

McDavid, Eichel, Bergeron, Draisaitl, Stamkos, Crosby, Malkin, Point, Matthews, Barkov, Mackinnon, Scheifele are all clearly ahead of Zibanejad at thats already 12 centers, with argument for more

and this is also arguing on behalf of Zibanejad after a career year, which I don't know how sustainable it is for him to continue on scoring at 40 or 50+ goal pace when his previous high was only 30, and he did it only once with previous highs of just 27 and 21 goals

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
McDavid
Mackinnon
Crosby
Malkin
Drais
Eichel
Mathews
Kopitar
Bergeron
O’Rielly
Tavares
Seguin
Barzel
Pattersson
Stamkos
Towes
Schifele
Aho
Barkov

I like Stamkos, but I'm not sure I have him as a better center than Zibby. Stamkos moving back and forth to wing doesn't just take place because Tampa is loaded with unreal talent, it happens because Tampa had centers playing better.

Kopitar hasn't been a top 20 center the last 2 seasons.

Toews is a hard working center where leadership and prior success has him in your top 20. You can argue he's a more important winning piece, but I don't think he's currently a better center.

I don't trust Scheifele on taking the faceoff. I think if you;'re comparing careers, Scheifele has had more success and has been more established, but Zibanejad has been the better play over the last 2 years. Forget this year, which might not be sustainable, what he was able to accomplish last year with a worse NYR team was incredible.

You also only listed 19 players.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
uh... wut?

yeah, no he's not

McDavid, Eichel, Bergeron, Draisaitl, Stamkos, Crosby, Malkin, Point, Matthews, Barkov, Mackinnon, Scheifele are all clearly ahead of Zibanejad at thats already 12 centers, with argument for more

and this is also arguing on behalf of Zibanejad after a career year, which I don't know how sustainable it is for him to continue on scoring at 40 or 50+ goal pace when his previous high was only 30, and he did it only once with previous highs of just 27 and 21 goals

How does that list change that Zibanejad was a 1c, especially using teams that currently have more than 1 real 1c? Career stats mean what exactly? Currently, Zibanejad is a 1C, until he stops playing like a 1c. Arguing it's not sustainable is fair, but currently he's a 1c. Zibanejad had 40 points in his last 44 or so games last season, while playing a 200 foot game. He didn't just lace them up this season and take off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad