Moving to Tampa - how do I get Flyers games?

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
Ladies and Gentlemen, my work is taking me to Moscow, errrr, Tampa. It's a hockey mad city like I've rarely seen before. But I do not know how to watch Flyers games at home, in HD. I don't think purchasing the NHL.com package will work because of Flyers-specific restrictions. The idea of missing the next 3 seasons is basically killing me. Help!

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Dear Flyers fan. Welcome to paradise. Other than that ... you are asking the Tampa fan base how to watch Flyers games?

5e9b4d465af8dee335d2f8d42451e0ed56d373b62554a68ad658ed54888b21bc.jpg

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
I meant to post it to the Flyers board. Posted on yours accidentally. But you never know, somebody might have wise insights. I am looking forward to the move, to be honest. Tampa's a great place. I don't expect to find too many Flyers fans around though.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Hmm... I don't know how to get Flyers games except when they are on national TV.

Your best bet is probably NHL gamecenter.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
  • Center Ice
  • Convert and be a Lightning fan.
  • Watch them twice a year when here
  • Go back to Philly

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Just watch NBCSN, the Flyers are always on their since they're both owned by Comcast I believe?

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Ladies and Gentlemen, my work is taking me to Moscow, errrr, Tampa. It's a hockey mad city like I've rarely seen before. But I do not know how to watch Flyers games at home, in HD. I don't think purchasing the NHL.com package will work because of Flyers-specific restrictions. The idea of missing the next 3 seasons is basically killing me. Help!

• Center Ice
  • Convert and be a Lightning fan.
  • Watch them twice a year when here
    [*]Go back to Philly

3 of the 4 above are your best bet. With the second the most beneficial for you :nod:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
There's a decent amount of Flyers fans here judging by the way they used to show up to games. It's toned down a bit over the years though.

You should be gold with Center Ice or NHL.tv though. There's no restrictions on out of market teams. That's who they are catering to. It's us Lightning fans who are blacked out because they want us to buy cable to watch the local team.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

the phillies spring training is in clearwater am sure is some bars in the area which will have the games just got to ask around

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

NHL center ice nhl.com use your new address in florida and you should get flyer games.

peanutvendor

Sponsor
Jan 15, 2008
Washington DC
Center ice or Nhl.com. Being a Tampa fan whose lived outside Florida for 10 years I can say that's the best bet for out of market. National broadcasts you can get on normal tv. It's usually just the games on Nhl network you'll miss (if you don't have it). But a lot of bars do. Playoffs are another story but I doubt you'll need to worry about that for 2-3 years.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Also, better yet:

FOX sports go

IDK if the Flyers are on it, but basically every bolts game is there (we play on fox sports sun)

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Have you tried contacting the Flyers fan services or something? They would probably be able to give you the best answer.

Or maybe it's time to buy yourself a Bolts jersey...

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Also, better yet:

FOX sports go

IDK if the Flyers are on it, but basically every bolts game is there (we play on fox sports sun)

They're on Fox Sports, but I think the shows you can select are regional. So if you're in Tampa you'll only get the Tampa market stuff. There may be a way around that...

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
They're on Fox Sports, but I think the shows you can select are regional. So if you're in Tampa you'll only get the Tampa market stuff. There may be a way around that...

Really, I've seen some out-of-market stuff on there.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015

Flyers games are only available using a special antenna during a thunderstorm by holding a 6 foot metal antenna or rod up in the air, hooked up directly to your TV.

Once the signal clears up, hold one leg out and shake it violently.

Demonstration pic below:

Lightening_Caddyshack2.gif

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
You guys are too funny. Not converting into a Bolts fan - can't. Though likely getting season tickets. If you manage to get Tavares, buying season tickets for sure. He and Kuch would be a thing of beauty.

Funny thing is they probably wouldn't be linemates lol.

Names-Stammer-Kuch
Erne-JT-Point
Pally-TJ-Raddysh
Gourde-Cirelli-Joseph

And yes, we are a funny bunch. Except me, they just laugh AT me...

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Flyers games are only available using a special antenna during a thunderstorm by holding a 6 foot metal antenna or rod up in the air, hooked up directly to your TV.

Once the signal clears up, hold one leg out and shake it violently.

Demonstration pic below:

Lightening_Caddyshack2.gif

Works much better wearing wool socks and moving across the field with a shuffling motion.

EDIT: Welcome to Florida, OP.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Please keep in mind site rule 7, section: "Posting and soliciting links to illegal streams is prohibited."

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Convert! Support the home team, even if you still hold on to your original. Especially the Lightning, such a fun team to watch and a great fanbase. The organization is well run and gameday is a pleasure.

Also, don't worry about finding other Flyers fans. Tons of Philly/South Jersey/Delaware transplants, unfortunately way more New Yorkers as well lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad