Proposal: Moving Bad Cap Around

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I'm just wondering if there are any teams out there with some players who are of marginal value that they would like to trade to other teams for a player of marginal value in a different position.

I think Hemsky was a player like this earlier in the season, but he turned it on late in the year and now I think Dallas wants to keep him.

Right now the Flames have a lot of bad cap on their D, and not as much on their forwards. If a bad-cap, yet serviceable, d-man (Wideman/Engelland mainly) could be moved for a bad-cap, yet-serviceable, forward (Kunitz?, Gaborik?, MacArthur? idk), it would spread the talent better across the roster. Hopefully the same effect could happen for the other team.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Filppula is quite a bit better than a marginal player but due to cap hit I'd be happy to trade him for a worse player with a smaller cap hit(maybe around 3m ?). Any team with cap space that wants a pretty good player for cheap ?

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Not going to bother listing Bieksa we are stuck with him and his crappy NMC contract :cry::rant:

Stoner for a forward that makes $3,250,000 or under and is sign short term.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Filppula is quite a bit better than a marginal player but due to cap hit I'd be happy to trade him for a worse player with a smaller cap hit(maybe around 3m ?). Any team with cap space that wants a pretty good player for cheap ?

Better on the wing or at centre? Could send Stajan (3.125) or Bouma (2.2) plus some equalizers. I would like to move bad defense cap though.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
MacDonald. + Provorov for future considerations :sarcasm:

I would have come back with Provorov for Matthews but on second thought I'd much rather keep Provorov even though Matthews was #1 Ovr. in 2016.

I would do MacDonald for future considerations. I'd even considerate a bag of pucks for MacDonald at this point.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

Don't forget that pesky NMC that requires Fippula to be protected from the expansion draft.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Depending on how the arbitration goes with Marcus Johansson and negotiatons go with Dmitri Orlov, the Capitals could potentially look to shed some of Daniel Winnik's salary (or reinvest that money into a 3rd pairing defenseman).

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Depending on how the arbitration goes with Marcus Johansson and negotiatons go with Dmitri Orlov, the Capitals could potentially look to shed some of Daniel Winnik's salary (or reinvest that money into a 3rd pairing defenseman).

I'd love for WSH to go get another flat footed "defensive defenseman" for the 3rd pairing. Please get a 2016/17 version of last year's Weber.

- Signed Penguin fans everywhere.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
I'd love for WSH to go get another flat footed "defensive defenseman" for the 3rd pairing. Please get a 2016/17 version of last year's Weber.

- Signed Penguin fans everywhere.

Jets have a shiny Mark Stuart they could slide into their press box. He's ready at a moments notice and will even help clean up the arena's after the game!

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Minnesota I'm sure would hear any offers on Pominville. Amenable to us retaining salary. At least I am, it's not my money.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
We've only got the one, and we harbor no illusions about the movability of his infamous contract.

Tyutin might have qualified, but nobody was interested. :dunno:

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Ericsson on the Red Wings for basically anything. He's taking up a roster spot for one of the youngins (Ouellet, Sproul, Russo, Jensen). While the young players are as good as Ericsson, they need seasoning to see what the Wings actually have.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I would have come back with Provorov for Matthews but on second thought I'd much rather keep Provorov even though Matthews was #1 Ovr. in 2016.

I would do MacDonald for future considerations. I'd even considerate a bag of pucks for MacDonald at this point.

:O You would take Provorov over Matthews? How good do you think he's going to be? This is some major homerism man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad