Movie & Television Scenes That Make You Cry

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
So many, it’s embarrassing...
Final episode of Mash, Henry’s death in mash....when Mike and Gloria leave for California and mike tells Archie that he loves him...a bunch of Wonder Years episodes....the Cheers episode when Diane walks out on Sam at the altar and the final
scene when Sam says “have a nice life” as the viewer (and Sam) knows he will never see her again....I remember as a kid fighting back tears in the Threes Company episode where the episode ends with Jack asking Janet “can I have this dance?”.... jeez this is just the tip of the iceberg lol

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
This one completely wrecks me. Kind of doesn't work out of context though. It always amazes me how much emotion you can feel from this scene without a lot actually happening.

Also, the tree-growing scene in My Neighbor Totoro really gets me. I get chills every time. (this was the closest thing I could find to a clip of it)

It's usually never the aggressively sad things that get to me (I guess because they feel more manipulative).

Last edited:

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Last scene of The Wonder Years. Where he goes through all the characters and what happens then mentions his dad passing away.

My Best-Carey

Reactions: Legionnaire

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Scrubs was the GOAT show at all of a sudden making you cry unexpectedly. these two are insane. youd definitely have to watch the show to get a grasp on the character of dr. cox and why these scenes are so heavy. also the first clip can be confusing without the context of tge episode.

BUT anyone whos seen the show and these two episodes has probably shed at least a tear during these scenes

literally came here to post this. I rewatch the series every 2 yrs or so and these scenes get me every time without fail

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I am a huge crybaby with movies. Happy ones. Sad ones. Don’t matter.

Up
Rudy
The Iron Giant (super..man!)
Revolutionary Road
Manchester by the Sea
Blue Valentine
Place Beyond the Pines
Most Rocky films
The Notebook (it wasn’t over. It’s still not over)
Toy Story 3 and 4
The Lion King
Frozen (come on they kill the parents immediately!)
The Champ
Good Will Hunting
The Road
Never Let me go
You’re Not You
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
45 Years

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
What's Eating Gilbert Grape when the mom dies during the birthday party and American History X ending scene will get me every time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad