Move to contender has Otters' Baptiste raising his expectations

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
nick_baptiste_erie_otters.jpg
Photo: Erie Otters forward and Buffalo Sabres prospect Nick Baptiste was one of the final cuts from Team Canada’s roster for the 2015 World Junior Championship (courtesy of Aaron Bell/OHL Images)

It may just be over 685 kilometers from Sudbury to Erie as the crow flies, but for Nick Baptiste, the difference between playing for the cellar-dwelling Wolves to riding shotgun for Connor McDavid and the Otters might be enough to give someone vertigo.

Baptiste, the Sudbury Wolves’ former captain, was traded to the Erie Otters in late November in exchange for Cole Mayo, Travis Wood, two second round picks, and two thirds.… read more

The post Move to contender has Otters’ Baptiste raising his expectations appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

KennyFnPowers*

if McDavid lands in Buffalo... automatic chemistry out of the gate... a Memorial Cup would cap a dream season - Go Otters

he's eligible for AHL next year, right?

Bright Future in Buffalo

Bps21*

I'm pretty sure that Baptiste and Bailey are both definite for Roch next season. Fasching can if he turns pro as well. Compher too...but I really don't expect him to leave yet.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Rochester is going to be so stacked on offense next year it's not even funny. A little weak on D though, as we're graduating almost all of our top defensive prospects.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Rochester is going to be so stacked on offense next year it's not even funny. A little weak on D though, as we're graduating almost all of our top defensive prospects.

Not after losing Grigorenko, Armia, and Larsson. Age and experience count as much as or more than level of prospect. It'll be a good base of young forwards to work with if they have the right level of vet talent.

ZeroPT*

I would cheer for Erie but they have Marchment on their team and he's a piece of **** so nah.

Go Oshawa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad