Mount Rushmore of baseball scandals. What is the worst?

Which is the biggest scandal amongst the Mount Rushmore of MLB scandals?

• Total voters

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
This is what bothers me about Baseball HOF claiming integrity and character as one of the qualifications yet they have KKK (alleged) and diehard segregationists in there.

Either take them out or don't make character one of the qualifications.
That's what happens when you let vindictive hacks vote on things like this.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
The Black Sox were a relatively small rogue group of players. The Astros and Red Sox were 2 entire organizations cheating. If not for the league's efforts to contain the embarrassment, I think that one would win pretty easily.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
They didn't "let" him onto the field, he just came back out and refused to leave when security told him to. Should MLB have tried to have him arrested?

Kinda a dick move and bad look but understandable to want to celebrate with your boys in one of the better moments you'll have in your life. I can't imagine having to isolate and quarantine after winning the WS.

He will get fined/suspended to start the year

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yeah came in here thinking (jokingly) that Turner's flagrant defiance would rank right up there. :laugh:

I'm sure he was given strict orders to keep clear, and I'm also sure he told the person giving those orders to go take a hike.

I also doubt he gives two craps about the "investigation" that MLB has started.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Yeah came in here thinking (jokingly) that Turner's flagrant defiance would rank right up there. :laugh:

I'm sure he was given strict orders to keep clear, and I'm also sure he told the person giving those orders to go take a hike.

I also doubt he gives two craps about the "investigation" that MLB has started.

He'll care if he is suspended for a season.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Individually, it's got to be Pete Rose.

As a group of players, it's the Black Sox.

As a team's system, it's the Astros/Red Sox.

As a league-wide f***-up, it's easily the steroid era.

Reactions: jcs0218

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
If none of the Astros players sat out for a single game for what they did, I'd love to see the hand-wringing explanation from Manfred when he explains their decision to suspend Turner. :laugh:

I mean, you could say Turner is f***ing with peoples lives....the Astros cheated at a game.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
How anybody chooses anything but the Black Sox scandal is beyond me. Players throwing games for money is absolutely the worst by a country mile.

It also led to the baseball owners hiring Landis (who was racist as hell) and thus the integration of MLB happened at a much later date.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad