1920s - Gordie Howe, Maurice Richard, Doug Harvey, Jacques Plante
1910s - Syl Apps, Milt Schmidt, Elmer Lach, Sid Abel
1900s - Howie Morenz, Eddie Shore, Charlie Conacher, King Clancy
1890s - Joe Malone, Frank Nighbor, Sprague Cleghorn, Cy Denneny
1880s - Georges Vezina, Cyclone Taylor, Newsy Lalonde, Lester Patrick

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
McDavid (best individual resume by a mile) and Kucherov (individual and team hardware) are locks. Went with Hedman and Karlsson for the last 2 spots, but Stamkos, Drai and Vasi all have arguments. MacK and Tavares are an easy no (no individual or team hardware).

Last edited:

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
McDavid, EK65, Kucherov and Vasi

Choosing between Hedman and Karlsson was the hard part, went with EK because he was the prototype of what modern #1 defender is expected to be. Vasi has to be there as he is clearly the best goalie of this generation, McDavid is a no-brainer, Kuch has the best regular season and 2 cups making him a easy choice too.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Went McDavid, Hedman, Karlsson, and Draisaitl. Didn't even see Kuch there. Had I noticed his name before pressing submit I might've gone with him ahead of Drai. Too late to change now.

GFS

Apr 12, 2010
Went McDavid, Hedman, Karlsson, and Draisaitl. Didn't even see Kuch there. Had I noticed his name before pressing submit I might've gone with him ahead of Drai. Too late to change now.
You should be able to change your vote if you want.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Right now? Hard not to go with the older players (Karlsson, Hedman, Kucherov) + McDavid.

But by the time the younger guys on the list are in their twilight years, MacKinnon, Matthews, Eichel, Makar and many others could change things.

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Mcdavid, Hedman, Kucherov and then its debatable. Went with Mackinnon

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
McDavid - Obvious
Kucherov - I think he's becoming a shoe-in. Very strong regular season resume, very strong playoffs, swept all the awards. He's still young, but still in prime and adding
Karlsson over Hedman. Maybe Hedman takes Karlsson over in the long run, but he hasn't yet, Karlsson's peak/prime is too strong. Karlsson can still bounce back too
4th choice - I actually went with Drai. He too swept all the awards. He's still young though - we'll see what rest of his career holds.

Stamkos is a greater all-time player than Drai as of today, but if Drai continues he'll overtake him
MacKinnon's level of play past few seasons has been terrific - but he has literally nothing to show for it. No awards, no playoff success (never past round 2). If he keeps performing at this level, he could hypothetically rise up to #2 if he racks up awards/cups, but he also can remain a distant 6th or 7th

Vasi - also, goalies are tough, but he could potentially rise up in-time. He's not there yet though

Tavares has had a super solid career, very worthy 1st overall pick. But there's no path whatsoever for him to end up 4th here. Not even 6th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad