Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The game finally has an early release date for March 31st. Anyone going to buy this? It's just up my alley. I've been wanting an epic scale battle where you played in first person view. It should be pretty polished seeing as it took forever to release!!

Troop limit is 1000 (500v500) total. Not bad.

Last edited:

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Mount & Blade Warband multiplayer was hilarious and awesome but I'm not sure that kind of gameplay is worth $50. I'm on the fence but if it ever goes up on sale I'm picking it up because the chaos and randomness of online multiplayer arena battles was amazing in the Warband.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I played the **** out of the original Mount and Blade and all its mods. It was definitely one of my favorite PC games so I'll pick this up.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I wonder how it's going to translate to consoles? I assume there are no mods when playing on the console?

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I wonder how it's going to translate to consoles? I assume there are no mods when playing on the console?
That was the case with Warband and I can't imagine it being any different with Bannerlord. Definitely a game you want on PC.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
That was the case with Warband and I can't imagine it being any different with Bannerlord. Definitely a game you want on PC.
Sounds like it wont be released on consoles for another year at the least. That blows.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Waiting to see how the performance is on mid and low end PCs. My rig is getting pretty old and not sure how it'll handle the new game. Lots of cool stuff added though it looks like (skill trees, crafting, much-improved UI).

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Early access now up but geez, $50, $45 after discount
Mine is down to 40, having played M&B prior, but yeah that is a hefty amount to give up unless there is a lot more to this game compared to Warband.

The graphics look great, though.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
So far it has felt like the perfect sequel that was worth the wait. Granted I haven't played too much, but it has been incredible.

Everything has been a great improvement on what was, and the improved graphics and shading makes areas feel a lot more engaging. The horseback riding in particular just seems more natural than most games I have played with horseback riding.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
No co op campaign is really puzzling to me, that seemed like a really commonly requested feature. Hopefully it gets added down the road. I'd also like full control over each army I control, not just where they patrol (when they feel like it). Still pretty pumped though, I loved warband.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Great game.

I’m also playing the hugely popular 1212ad mod for Attila: total war, which came out 4 months ago. Tons of medieval fun there as well, it’s basically Medieval 3.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Waiting to see how the performance is on mid and low end PCs. My rig is getting pretty old and not sure how it'll handle the new game. Lots of cool stuff added though it looks like (skill trees, crafting, much-improved UI).
Prior to Beta, I could run it pretty well except for huge battles (stuttering at start of the and some stuttering at random moments). Apparently, Beta improved things.

960GTX and ... cant remember the CPU. I bought it in 2015.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Prior to Beta, I could run it pretty well except for huge battles (stuttering at start of the and some stuttering at random moments). Apparently, Beta improved things.

960GTX and ... cant remember the CPU. I bought it in 2015.
I bought it day 2 or 3 but had to refund it almost instantly. Ran basically like a powerpoint slideshow unfortunately. One day perhaps if I ever find the spare change to upgrade the rig.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I bought it day 2 or 3 but had to refund it almost instantly. Ran basically like a powerpoint slideshow unfortunately. One day perhaps if I ever find the spare change to upgrade the rig.

Did you try dropping the FPS? The default option is something like 250.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Just released on consoles a week ago. I wont be able to dive too quickly into the game since my schedule is hectic, but so far, so good outside of the multi-player which I unfortunately get kicked out of consistently.

Anybody else playing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad