OT: Motorcycle lovers

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Any enthusiast out here?

I am a Ducatisti or Ducati enthusiast in Italian.

Though I’ve owned my fare share of other bikes in the past such as: Yamaha R1 Rossi Edition, Suzuki GSXR 750 and 450 Savage (bike I learned on), Kawasaki ZX6 and KLX 400.
Also owned Ducati Panigale 1199, as well as 800 and 1200s monsters, and 848 Streetfighter.
2DCAD3E0-337F-4B92-8E04-AC2DB6BEDCBB.jpeg

I started and Ducati riders group free for any biker to join on Facebook called the “Ducati Riders of Winnipeg” which we will conduct weekly or Bi-weekly rides during the spring summer and fall.

I currently have Ducati Multistrada 1200s with touring pack and full termignoni race exhaust. Goes like snot, handles like a dream, looks cool (volcano grey edition with red frame), sounds the business, and is practical.
1D54FAEC-0CD0-405B-AD1C-20D3567C4260.jpeg

The new 2020 KTM Super Duke looks well refined and unreal performer. Now that Rond’s has taken up selling KTMs in town that is really temping to me. New Ducati Streetfighter V4 looks amazing as well but the price is getting a bit nuts.$34,000 for the S? Ouch!

anyways please add on and like this thread...

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I like to go fast but on 4 wheels not 2 . :laugh: Nice bikes though or as i like to call them crotch rockets .:nod: Someone should start a sportscar thread . :thumbu:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Any enthusiast out here?

I am a Ducatisti or Ducati enthusiast in Italian.

Though I’ve owned my fare share of other bikes in the past such as: Yamaha R1 Rossi Edition, Suzuki GSXR 750 and 450 Savage (bike I learned on), Kawasaki ZX6 and KLX 400.
Also owned Ducati Panigale 1199, as well as 800 and 1200s monsters, and 848 Streetfighter.View attachment 322321

I started and Ducati riders group free for any biker to join on Facebook called the “Ducati Riders of Winnipeg” which we will conduct weekly or Bi-weekly rides during the spring summer and fall.

I currently have Ducati Multistrada 1200s with touring pack and full termignoni race exhaust. Goes like snot, handles like a dream, looks cool (volcano grey edition with red frame), sounds the business, and is practical.
View attachment 322323

The new 2020 KTM Super Duke looks well refined and unreal performer. Now that Rond’s has taken up selling KTMs in town that is really temping to me. New Ducati Streetfighter V4 looks amazing as well but the price is getting a bit nuts.$34,000 for the S? Ouch!

anyways please add on and like this thread...
Mrs Eyeseeing has a 2018 Sportster XL1200 Custom she loves her bike.
Too dangerous for me!

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I like to go fast but on 4 wheels not 2 . :laugh: Nice bikes though or as i like to call them crotch rockets .:nod: Someone should start a sportscar thread . :thumbu:
As mentioned previously I crashed the yellow last spring. Written off and understand it was sold at an MPI auction. It had a cracked frame and about $20,000+ in damage retail.

traded the Panigale (the red one) in for the “older man bike” in the Multistrada. But those not in the know the Multistrada is still a 160 hp 100 pft stonker of a machine. But it has a wind screen, comfy riding position, heated grips, cruise, etc...

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Just sold my Yamaha FZ1. It was an awesome bike but I really missed riding back roads as well as the highways. That bike was so smooth and had power that I would never use.

I now have an age appropriate cb500x. I can do everything with one bike as one bike is all that MPIC will allow me to afford.

I wish they would insure the owner and not the bike. Then I could own and ride more than one.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Just sold my Yamaha FZ1. It was an awesome bike but I really missed riding back roads as well as the highways. That bike was so smooth and had power that I would never use.

I now have an age appropriate cb500x. I can do everything with one bike as one bike is all that MPIC will allow me to afford.

I wish they would insure the owner and not the bike. Then I could own and ride more than one.
I hear ya bro. I insured two bikes fir 3 years about an additional 3 years ago. It was stupid.

I insured the multi full time just pulled day permits on the SF until I crashed it. Day Permit gave me full coverage which was great.

Ducati’s are getting stupid expensive unless you go used or get a scrambler. I think Wildwood has a late new model 851 Monster for around $13,000 out the door. I think they dying to get rid of that bike. Midnight black looks good.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I hear ya bro. I insured two bikes fir 3 years about an additional 3 years ago. It was stupid.

I insured the multi full time just pulled day permits on the SF until I crashed it. Day Permit gave me full coverage which was great.

Ducati’s are getting stupid expensive unless you go used or get a scrambler. I think Wildwood has a late new model 851 Monster for around $13,000 out the door. I think they dying to get rid of that bike. Midnight black looks good.
I wanted a monster for years!

now I’m more into week long trips, credit card camping and comfort :)

Reactions: The Blue Baron

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Used to ride a long time ago, managed to live through it, but got so tired of people literally trying to run me off the road. No, I wasn't being a dick, it was unsolicited anger directed at a random motorcyclist.

At this point I cycle to work as it's just about the only exercise my knees can tolerate and I need that exercise. A motorcycle would be awesome and I have a few friends that pester me about getting one all the time but it would just interfere with the cycling (motorcycle = fun, speed, convenience and I'm inherently lazy).

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Used to ride dirt bikes but had no interest in road bikes, too many stupid people on the roads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad