Movies: Motley Crue: Dirt finally to be filmed

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
That sounds awful. Are they that hard up for money already?

Straight Outta Compton arrived before #TimesUp, but it will be interesting to see how this fares in that environment. Will they get a musician / rock n roll pass?

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I can't wait to see this. Lol. No band was more Sex,drugs and rock n roll then motley crue it their prime. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it will be rated R :laugh:

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
Ramsay Bolton as Mick Mars.... now that's interesting. I need to read this book as I've heard good things.

The book is hilarious and about as un pc as you can get. It's about 16 years old and I wish they would update it now that Motley Crue have called it quits.

you can read the first few pages on Amazon. Just click on the look inside link

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Dirt was great but Heroin Diaries was better, IMO.
Look forward to this, should be pretty entertaining.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
I've read a ton of rock and roll biographies where it seems like the level of drugging, sex, and drinking are exaggerated to the umpteenth. Motley Crue is one of the rare ones where I think it was actually worse than what was written about.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
I enjoyed it but there was so much left out, they probably could have done a season..

74, yeah.. I basically liked the movie too. But my feeling on it's length is the opposite. I think it would've been better if they had edited out about 10 (repetitive) minutes of Sixx's shooting up and/or the scenes of hotel rooms getting tossed, Crue members pant-less, etc. I get it, they partied (& it does need some depiction), but for me it made the movie unnecessarily longer.. when the direct storyline was pretty short.
I thought casting was good. Tommy Lee's mannerisms & energy were well replicated. And Vince's depiction was good; actor reminded me of Sean Penn's Spicoli..

Years ago I remember Vince Neil on the reality show: Surreal Life. He talked about the death of his daughter.. it was really heavy.
It was brief in the movie, but I think the actor captured Neil's suffering/loss..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad