Most valuable Vancouver Canuck! Part 1 of 10

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Who do you believe holds the highest value to the Vancouver Canucks organization, note that this means trade value (but not league wide trade value, pretend GM's weren't morons and actually knew what they were doing) so factor in age, contract and obviously on ice product!

Thought this would be a fun poll to conduct, have at her.

Last edited:

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Edited the OP a little, GM's are stupid and overvalue stupid things so instead of focusing on their perceived trade value pretend that all GM's are smart and actually know what they're doing.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
And.. Dare I say it... You're missing Ryan Miller.

Gotta consider there are teams that will seek goaltending before other positions...

*Duck fans*

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Horvat/Tanev
Hank

Horvat has a ton of potential, 2 way C, very valuable to GM's. Tanev is flat out our best player.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I voted Henrik, but it is all quite theoretical as he wouldn't be traded (NTC and the link Daniel).

Would be a PPG (or close to it) for 5 more years in the right team with a decent PP.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I wanted to do a write in for a young future top four dman Sbisa!:sarcasm:

No seriously voted Hank, was real hard, but I think reputation carries here. For some reason Tanev isn't exposed like other dman close to his talent, Bo and the rest of the kids aren't there yet, and Edler has enough hicups.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Neither McCann nor Horvat are projected to be legit 1C's like Henrik is (not saying it's impossible, just the current projection), so based on that I'll take the guy who chews up and spits out the top players in the league every night in Tanev.

Henrik is probably the most valuable in general but at his age, I think he gets downgraded a bit there.

Don't think Edler, Daniel, Vrbata or the 1st pick should be on this list.

I don't know much about him but does Demko have a high chance of being a legit 1G? If so, he could be added.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Horvat.

Henrik is 35 so his value has diminished significantly. He will never win a Stanley Cup here, whereas Horvat has the potential to be a big piece of a potential future Cup team.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Just to clarify, this is a discussion only of acquisition value (i.e. not value to the Canucks' makeup) in a world where opposing GMs have perfect information, right?

I don't see how a guy in his mid-30s would command more than a young guy, although I suppose it's possible after, say, a bidding war at the deadline.

Actually, that's a relevant consideration too -- under what circumstances are we considering value? In a vacuum? At the trade deadline? Right now? Are contracts relevant (e.g. impending UFA or ELC or what have you)?

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I went with Horvat
Young two-way center who still has tons upside, while still on his ELC is huge

He'd fit on literally any team in the league, and still has tons of room for growth

Love Hank, but that 7m contract would be hard to fit on some teams
And I doubt other teams would pay top dollar for a (very amazing) shut down D-man in Tanev

If Hutton keeps up his level of play, I'd almost poise him as #2 after Horvat

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
if we are including prospects and even the 1st rounder in 2016, Boeser needs to be in the discussion.

He's more valuable than half the players on this list easily.

Right now should be Tanev with Horvat in 2nd.

Sedins are 35, value isn't that high at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad