Most Valuable Oiler #7

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Who do you think is the next most valuable Oiler going forward?

Consider age, contract, injury history, positional value, leadership, potential, etc... One way of thinking of it would be: in a trade to a neutral team, who would bring the greatest return?

2014 Offseason Results:
*new to 2014-2015 Oilers roster

2013 Offseason Results:
*not on 2014-2015 Oilers roster

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Voted Schultz.

My list so far:

1) Taylor Hall
2) Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
3) Darnell Nurse
4) Nail Yakupov
5) Leon Draisaitl
6) Jordan Eberle
7) Justin Schultz

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Nurse is way too high.. shouldnt be top 10.

Schultz, Perron, Scrivens have the potential to give Hall a run for being the MVP next season. Petry should also be ahead of Marincin, Klefa and Nurse.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Perron would be a one year rental, I don't think he's more valuable then RFA Schultz currently in a trade.

Nurse is way too high.. shouldnt be top 10.

agreed, not sure how people figure Nurse would bring more back in a trade than Schultz... I don't think people are reading the OPS parameters.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
agreed, not sure how people figure Nurse would bring more back in a trade than Schultz... I don't think people are reading the OPS parameters.

Seriously? Even ignoring the fact that they're 5 years apart, I'm not sure Nurse isn't already the better player

OF17

Dec 2, 2007
en France
Perron would be a one year rental, I don't think he's more valuable then RFA Schultz currently in a trade.

Perron has two years left. I think that he would definitely fetch more in trade than Schultz at this point. Would you trade Perron for Gardiner?

Also, I think you're underrating Nurse.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Perron has two years left. I think that he would definitely fetch more in trade than Schultz at this point. Would you trade Perron for Gardiner?

Also, I think you're underrating Nurse.

ahh you're right, I always mix his contract up.

I like Nurse but Schultz has already proven he can bring offense at this level, that is pretty valuable it itself, Nurse is still relatively unknown.

I guess it depends on the team, not many teams gIve up a lot of assets for prospects who haven't even played a single NHL game.

UglyStupidAds

Sep 17, 2005
Edmonton
God dammit. I typed out this nice long analysis and then somehow I was logged out and couldn't post and now I lost all my work. Too lazy to do it again but basically:

Teams are going to pay more in a trade for proven talent, even if that talent is not as great. For most teams winning now is more important than winning later which is why David Perron will get more than Draisaitl or Nurse or Schultz.

LD, DN, JS may be more valuable to the Oilers but I don't think you're going to get as much in return for a trade now.

Should be:
Hall
RNH
Eberle
Perron
Yakupov

IMO

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
most valuable today, as in who's the best player? or most valuable to the organization today, or going forward?

most valuable to the organization today, I have it

1. Hall
2. RNH
3. Eberle
4. Nurse (tho, he too passes Eberle soon)
5. Draisaitl (him too)
6. Yak.

going foward, I predict it will look like this:

1. Hall
2. RNH
3. Nurse
4. Draisaitl
5. Eberle
6. Yak.

Oct 15, 2008
God dammit. I typed out this nice long analysis and then somehow I was logged out and couldn't post and now I lost all my work. Too lazy to do it again but basically:

Teams are going to pay more in a trade for proven talent, even if that talent is not as great. For most teams winning now is more important than winning later which is why David Perron will get more than Draisaitl or Nurse or Schultz.

LD, DN, JS may be more valuable to the Oilers but I don't think you're going to get as much in return for a trade now.

Should be:
Hall
RNH
Eberle
Perron
Yakupov

IMO

Was Eric Lindros proven?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad