Most Valuable Oiler #4

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I like Yak, Schultz and Perron more the Scrivens, but if those guys struggle it will make it hard, if Scriven struggles (as the starter) the Oilers season will likely go a similar way to the beginning of last season.

If Scrivens falters, we have Fasth, who is just as good, if not better. It's not like last year going into the season with LOLbarbera sitting on the bench.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
It was just baffling how the best shot on the team (Yakupov) was not on the first PP unit. The PP should look like this:

RNH Purcell Yakupov

Hall J.Schultz

Purcell can be the big body in front of the net, Hall can use his slapshot from the point and set up the PP as he does a good job of entering the zone and has improved in playmaking. RNH can feed one timers to Yak all day. I really hate the RNH/Ebs duo on the PP. Too much pissing around for my liking and trying to set up the perfect play

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
It was just baffling how the best shot on the team (Yakupov) was not on the first PP unit. The PP should look like this:

RNH Purcell Yakupov

Hall J.Schultz

Purcell can be the big body in front of the net, Hall can use his slapshot from the point and set up the PP as he does a good job of entering the zone and has improved in playmaking. RNH can feed one timers to Yak all day. I really hate the RNH/Ebs duo on the PP. Too much pissing around for my liking and trying to set up the perfect play

I'd rather Pouliot/Perron instead of Purcell, but I like the idea of Hall/Schultz on the point.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Not surprising, this same group of people thought Dubby was the future, and had YAK 3rd last year.

Not really, that's just a statement you're creating to deflect.

You don't like Yak, for reasons that a largely based on geography.

No single poster tries to trade Yak harder or more often then you.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Not really, that's just a statement you're creating to deflect.

You don't like Yak, for reasons that a largely based on geography.

No single poster tries to trade Yak harder or more often then you.

Really? Now your just making things up. I like Yak, I was really high on him before his draft and his first season. No doubt we made the right choice at the time. This last season has gave me more questions than answers, and Im not afraid to ask to say them? That makes me hate him now because he is Russian?

Thanks for putting words in my mouth. Appreciate it.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Really? Now your just making things up. I like Yak, I was really high on him before his draft and his first season. No doubt we made the right choice at the time. This last season has gave me more questions than answers, and Im not afraid to ask to say them? That makes me hate him now because he is Russian?

Thanks for putting words in my mouth. Appreciate it.

There's a difference between questioning a player's game and bashing a player. Everybody on this board has bashed a player at one point or another. Just don't go about doing it in such a roundabout way and admit your hatred for Yakupov.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
There's a difference between questioning a player's game and bashing a player. Everybody on this board has bashed a player at one point or another. Just don't go about doing it in such a roundabout way and admit your hatred for Yakupov.

Heres a few posts of proof that I never hated the kid

oct 14 2013 post #236
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1515823&highlight=yakupov&page=10

Jan 19 2014 post #131
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1586057&highlight=yakupov&page=6

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Pretty floored Yak is leading here. 3 wingers are our top 4 MVP's? That's ridiculous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad