Most Valuable Oiler #2

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Do I need like 1,000 posts before I can vote?

I think I'd vote Eberle over Nuge. I love the way both of them play, but the way the team is designed right now, I believe our wingers are set to explode this year. The transition game should be much improved.

I'd maybe vote Nuge is he improved his faceoff percentage to 50% or over.

You have enough posts but you gotta wait 45 days (so 15 more for you)

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Its a toss up between Nuge and Ebs, and I went with Ebs until the Nuge can the real #1 center we all envision him being.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I think RNH is vastly overrated by Oiler fans.

He hasn't produced a lot but he's played a good two-way game.

But mostly, he's just too damn important. If he busts, the rebuild is a failure. We can hope for playoffs but not for late playoffs, much less the cup. We aren't going anywhere riding wingers

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I think Schultz is 4th.

Yakupov after last season is a pretty far away from the top 4.

The question isn't who was the most valuable oiler last year. It is who will be going forward. I agree, Yaks sucked last year, so did Schultz really, for most of the year, but I think both be more valuable than Ebs going forward.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
The question isn't who was the most valuable oiler last year. It is who will be going forward. I agree, Yaks sucked last year, so did Schultz really, for most of the year, but I think both be more valuable than Ebs going forward.

I dont even know at this point how many years left Yak has left in the NHL.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Because I believe he is a legitimate #1 goaltender in this league. I think he can lead us all the way to the cup if we've got a good enough team in front of him.

I think I'd go Eberle > Scrivens > Draisaitl > Schultz > Yakupov

But that's just me.

ok fair enough

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
This last season, Perron was the second MVP. Bigger and used his size, skilled, decent 2 way game, busting his butt.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
The value question is very interesting.

If it is who has highest trade value at #2, I'd go RNH.

Whos is likely to be our 2nd best player this year? Eberle.

Who has the most long-term value to the franchise? It is between Nurse and Draisaitl for me if they reach their potential.

Watching Nurse in the OHL last few seasons... I just don't see how he doesn't become a force of a top pairing d-man.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
No, but objectively Seguin does have more value than RNH, IMO. He's already proven himself. I just think RNH will eventually become the better player.

I agree. The other thing for me is RNH seems to be one of the few players under 23 in the NHL that I never see leaving the team that drafted him. He seems so humble.

While Seguin who knows.

oilsands

dirty oil, comin 4 u
Jul 6, 2007
Halland
The fact that Petry isn't on this list is a joke.

Finish this sentence: Without their #1 defenseman, Jeff Petry, who plays in all situations, the Oilers are destined to finish in __st in the lottery, annually.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
The fact that Petry isn't on this list is a joke.

Finish this sentence: Without their #1 defenseman, Jeff Petry, who plays in all situations, the Oilers are destined to finish in __st in the lottery, annually.

He's an impending UFA, which severely diminishes his value to other teams.

Either way I listed him in the latest version of the poll.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad