Most Valuable Montreal Canadiens Players #3 NEW VERSION

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
Pleks for me. The guy does so much with so little support from his line mates. Don't think he's played with a top 6 winger since Kovalev or perhaps Cammallerri during one his hot stretches.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So tight between Plekanec and Pacioretty, but I gotta lean towards Pacioretty. REALLY close.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
It's a tough call between Plekanec and Pacioretty. I'm going to abstain and wait till the next round.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
<--------- This guy

Pacioretty's great, but he only has offence, Plekanec does everything for this team, he's more valuable IMO.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Pacioretty for me, then Plekanec or Markov
Same here. Pacioretty and Pleks are pretty close. Somebody has to score all the goals. Although Pleks has quite a few too and has so much more of a complete game... maybe I'm changing my own mind a little. Anyway, it's one of those two. Then Markov.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I like Pacio. But to me, Plex is a way better and valuable player. Plex is played nearly on everything, PK, PP,even strength... He plays a very solid 2 way game and still puts up good numbers considering he's only had one constant winger. He's very underrated.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Max is a "better" (read: "higher calibre) player, but Plekanec is more valuable... except perhaps in future contract dollar terms.

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
Same here. Pacioretty and Pleks are pretty close. Somebody has to score all the goals. Although Pleks has quite a few too and has so much more of a complete game... maybe I'm changing my own mind a little. Anyway, it's one of those two. Then Markov.

You mean its one of those two, then the other one, then Markov right?

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
To the OP, please give more details about what you want us to vote for.

Are you talking about the value to the team NOW? Or on the long term? This will change how Galchenyuk is ranked.

Are you talking about the value on the trade market? If you are, then should we consider their contract situation and age? This would change how Markov is ranked.

Are you talking about which players has more value for us, the fans, or for the management? This will make a big difference between DD being #9 or #19, for example.

Without those indications, this poll won't have much value. Good idea, otherwise.

hogtownhabsfan*

I'm assuming that EVERYTHING is considered.

Pacioretty is the clear #3 for me, dude is our only legitimate goal scorer.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
If you give a choice to 29 GMs to pick a player between those 3: Pax, Plek and Galchenyuk. I think more than 20 GMs will choose the latter.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
If you give a choice to 29 GMs to pick a player between those 3: Pax, Plek and Galchenyuk. I think more than 20 GMs will choose the latter.

Exactly, I love Plekanec and Pacioretty but I wouldn't trade Galchenyuk before them.

hogtownhabsfan*

Exactly, I love Plekanec and Pacioretty but I wouldn't trade Galchenyuk before them.

That's tough, but it would be hard to take Galchenyuks potential over what Pacioretty is doing now. Dude is 5th in the league in goals per game, and just turned 25.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad