Most underrated defenseman on your team

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
That means big players have to hit like a truck on every shift

If this is directed at Chris Thorburn I actually think he's viewed as useless because he hardly does anything but keeps playing. On the flip side though I agree with Reaves but my god I miss that guy and I'm sure most of the league is glad him and Upshall aren't flying around recklessly

The other source is the belief that Bouwmeester's contract has prevented the Blues from acquiring a #1 center.

I think the problem here is generally availability but I agree with you. Sorry for not quoting my phone will not let me bold things I don't want to make it look like I'm paraphrasing or picking points trying to disband you're statements.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
probably been said already but Niskanen for the Caps, he's been the #1 Defensemen on the Caps for the past 3 years and he is a very solid #1D.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
If this is directed at Chris Thorburn I actually think he's viewed as useless because he hardly does anything but keeps playing. On the flip side though I agree with Reaves but my god I miss that guy and I'm sure most of the league is glad him and Upshall aren't flying around recklessly

Not in the slightest. No, Thorburn is legitimately terrible. Blues fans just have a tendency to think that every big player who isn't constantly blowing people up is soft and useless. It's the Missouri version of the obsession with "truculence" and is a very all-or-nothing perspective.

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
Not a Nashville fan, but in the games I've seen so far Ekholm has been dominant defensively. Any Nashville fan who can give input?

Last edited:

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
So far Scandella has outperformed the expectations set by what Wild fans told us. Looking like a top 2 guy out there.

Other than that, Taylor Fedun is underrated by our coaching staff but he's a tweener at best so I'm not sure anyone "needs to know" about him :laugh:

Everyone else has mostly sucked, really.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Hainsey for Toronto. Has been a rock on the backend and the only consistent defender. Doesnt make stupid passes or get caught out of position often. Just gets it done. The Leafs best dman thus far.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Hainsey, he's really freed up the game for Rielly right now, and just plays a smart/steady game. Rielly, Gardiner and Zaitsev are all so divisive, they could be extremely overrated or underrated by who you ask. For a bunch of reasons these guys are highly divisive.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
If I had to pick I'd say Ristolainen, for two reasons: (1) Scandella is the only other defenseman we've got who's any type of good. Hard to underrate bad players; (2) The advanced stats crowd have over-exaggerated the faults in his game. The biggest problem with Risto, by far, is his usage. He's been asked to play a crapload of very hard minutes (more and tougher than most undisputed #1Ds in the league play), while still being a young kid whose game certainly needs refining in some areas. He's a damn good hockey player, though.
It's funny because his 5on5 numbers are solid this season but almost every Sabres fan would tell you he's been worse than he was, say 2 years ago. Some usage adjustment and a competent partner are apparently all it takes.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
probably been said already but Niskanen for the Caps, he's been the #1 Defensemen on the Caps for the past 3 years and he is a very solid #1D.
This. I have zero doubts in my mind that he is better than Carlson but HF thinks otherwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00