Proposal: Most tradeable asset

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Most single tradeable asset to bring back something of value.

Biggest part of this, this asset hopefully has more value in trade than he does to the current team.

Not here to advocate trading any of these assets, just whom as a fanbase think have the most value;

Last edited:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Under no circumstances can we do a quarter for 2 dimes and a nickel trade.

Don't care who it is.

Spooner + for a proven young cost controlled D man is the trade I do. But again we need to get a good player we've been burned recently and can't do deals where we don't get the best player back.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Marchand is the most valuable to me. He has the highest value and no NTC/NMC to get in he way of any deal. He will likely command a salary the Bruins may not be willing to pay going forward. Sorry sad but true.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Marchand and Bergeron would probably have the most value.

But Bergeron is pretty much untouchable. And Marchand was probably your best player this season so I would see some real reluctance to let that go.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Marchand and Bergeron would probably have the most value.

But Bergeron is pretty much untouchable. And Marchand was probably your best player this season so I would see some real reluctance to let that go.

Plus, Bergeron and Marchand together is the best tandem we have. I know they've tried splitting them up but they always go back to it. If they trade Marchand, that leaves them with two wingers to find for Bergeron. It's been hard enough to find one.

To answer the original question, Marchand probably does fit the criteria so I guess that's who I'd say, but I wouldn't trade him unless they could get significant help on defense.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Marchand is the most valuable to me. He has the highest value and no NTC/NMC to get in he way of any deal. He will likely command a salary the Bruins may not be willing to pay going forward. Sorry sad but true.

Agreed. No way I give Marchand big money when he has been pretty terrible in the playoffs since 2011 and just as bad towards the end of the last two seasons. His value is at an all time high, trade him for the best dman you can get and re sign Loui or a FA winger. That would be good asset managment IMO.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Uh....29 teams would lose their minds bidding for Bergeron with that contract. That's the only answer.

29 teams would , but Bergy isn't going to most of them and the others aren't likely to pay the cost . Don't see it at all, there has to be a likelihood factor in this.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
29 teams would , but Bergy isn't going to most of them and the others aren't likely to pay the cost . Don't see it at all, there has to be a likelihood factor in this.

And how likely is it that he would waive his NMC? He's our most valuable, but not most tradable, primarily for that reason, IMO.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
It has to be between Rask and Spooner, depending on what a team is looking for. Rask is more proven at this point and in arguably the single most important position in hockey, but has a salary that makes it a bit more difficult. System depth with Subban should cover Rask's spot when the team is ready to compete in a couple of years but would definitely hurt right now.

Spooner I think would hurt the team more in a couple of years, but would be easier to move because of his contract and there are definitely teams that could use a center with hands like Spooner's. Right now the team could use a more defensively responsible 3rd line center but I would rather take the chance that Spooner gets there on his own.

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
I went with Pasta. The poll asks for most tradeable and valuable, and therefore I eliminated anyone with a NMC from the equation.

I think NHL Players are more valuable than 1st rd draft picks, so I took the draft picks off the board.

From there it came down to Pasta, Marchand, Krug and Spooner(other). For me, Pasta's age, contract, and years of team control are what tipped the scales in his favor when it came down to it.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Confusing thread, title Most "tradeable asset" poll = most tradeable and valuable single asset, mutually exclusive IMHO.

Most tradeable Chara, Krug, and Subban because who cares if we loose them.

Our most valuable asset isnt even singular it's Bergeron and Marchand.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
How can so many consider Krejci, Bergeron, Chara, Rask most tradeable"when they all have NTCs? Sure sometimes players waive these benefits if they want out, but the fact they have this clause in their contracts, it seems to me, would disqualify them from being Most Tradeable".

I can see Pastrenak as most tradeable first for his ELC, secondly he'd be in demand, and there are no restrictions in moving him. I would not want him traded unless it's for top talent at a position of need, I.e. Defense.

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
How can so many consider Krejci, Bergeron, Character "most trade able" when they all have NTCs? Sure sometimes players waive these benefits if they want out, but the fact they have this clause in their contracts, it seems to me, would disqualify them from being MOST tradeable.

I can see Pastrenak as most tradeable first for his ELC, secondly he'd be in demand, and there are no restrictions in moving him. I would not want him traded unless it's for top talent at a position of need, I.e. Defense.

Pastarnak is the only legit RW we have, so I wouldn't consider him tradable.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
A package of Koko and Griff might be able to bring back a young defenseman that is similarly blocked from making the parent club. My only fear is that if/when they are traded they become the modern equivalent of Reggie Leech and Rick Macleish.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
There seems to be a difference of opinion on the term. Does "most tradeable" mean someone who would be easy to move, I.e. In demand, or the one It is felt it would be easy to make available?

I think it's a combination of who has the most value while still being someone we would trade. Bergeron and marchand should be eliminated because they aren't going to be traded, it would destroy this team even if it would bring the largest return.

Pasta, Spooner, Rask, and Krejci are the guys that are most tradeable to me. All would be hard to replace but are replaceable and hold some real value. I will add that I think Krejci is undervalued around here.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I think it's a combination of who has the most value while still being someone we would trade. Bergeron and marchand should be eliminated because they aren't going to be traded, it would destroy this team even if it would bring the largest return.

Pasta, Spooner, Rask, and Krejci are the guys that are most tradeable to me. All would be hard to replace but are replaceable and hold some real value. I will add that I think Krejci is undervalued around here.

But my point is that if Rask and Krejci have NTCs how are they "most tradeable"? Even if they hold some real value, the team would have to find a way to get them to waive, something, in my mind, Tuukka and David would be reluctant to do.

There are two factors here: the player has real value on the market and the return can justify it. And, secondly, his contract is not an impediment to Sweeney in constructing a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad