Most surprising fighters?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Teemu Selanne apparently wanted to punch Brad Richardson so badly that he dropped the gloves for the first time in 15 years. He was 40.

He whooped Richardson pretty good, too

I'd nominate Kopitar vs. Burrows too but that wasn't really much of one, Kopi wasn't a willing combatant

This one will make quite a few people happy, as Drew discovers what everyone else finds out too late...HOLY **** HE'S LEFTY

JCraw1

Jul 22, 2014
Patrick Kane vs John Scott. Never thought I'd see Kane fight with a heavyweight all star.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
It was a given that Hamonic is crazy, but he's looking to drop the gloves as soon as he touches the ice as of late.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
No argument here, one of the toughest dudes in the league when he throws down period. And now he has extra padding! :nod:

Most of the people that don't think Jumbo Joe is to be feared have the image of Lindros destroying him when he was really young (a rookie?) in their mind. Thornton is a scary dude when he does decide to chuck, but I think that Lindros beating has made some people doubt his toughness over the years. They are dead wrong but at least there is an explanation in my mind.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Yeah because the league picks and chooses strange battles to get involved in. Theres no rhyme or reason to when they decide to suspend a player. Slap a deserving rat around a bit? Suspend! Slewfoot an unsuspecting player? Play on!

A) Nurse beat up and injured a player that was unwilling to fight. If McDavid makes a questionable hit (which Polak didn't even do), are you okay with him getting his teeth knocked in?

B) Polak didn't slewfoot anyone.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Brendan Gallagher disagrees. He even said so as he was going to the penalty box the other night.

Neither of them even got to throw a punch, I mean if gallagher said so, it must be true. He just threw him to the ice instead of actually fighting.

He's fought 6'2 230 chris stewart but you believe he's afraid of 5'9 184 gallagher?

ReggietheSavage15

Feb 27, 2008
Neither of them even got to throw a punch, I mean if gallagher said so, it must be true. He just threw him to the ice instead of actually fighting.

He's fought 6'2 230 chris stewart but you believe he's afraid of 5'9 184 gallagher?

You have more fight in your response to me than Krug did the other night. Since you seem to have all the answers, why did Krug go down so easily?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah because the league picks and chooses strange battles to get involved in. Theres no rhyme or reason to when they decide to suspend a player. Slap a deserving rat around a bit? Suspend! Slewfoot an unsuspecting player? Play on!
Oiler fans still crying about Tkachuk, I love it.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Tkachuk is such an ass. He'll go with Wennberg but never go with someone like Foligno, who hits harder than most heavyweights.

Tried to injure Jones with a slash with two seconds left in the game. :shakehead

Wennberg actually held his own in that short fight too.

Probably a tie, but if you had to choose a winner I'd say Wenner was closer to one.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I think it was his sophmore season.
Anyways, I doubt many here even remember it.
Losing to Eric Lindros was reality to pretty much anyone in the league, including the enforsers.

I'd say a good amount of fans on here started watching hockey after the 04-05 lockout when Thornton went from a powerforward, fighting angry forward to a playmaking, toned down player. He cut his teeth in his early days and went the longevity route. Nothing at all wrong with it, just most probably don't remember young Joe.

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
16pzD.gif

Yep came to post this.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
A) Nurse beat up and injured a player that was unwilling to fight. If McDavid makes a questionable hit (which Polak didn't even do), are you okay with him getting his teeth knocked in?

B) Polak didn't slewfoot anyone.

Nurse made a call on the ice defending what he thought was a dangerous play. I'm fine with it. You'd never see Polak answer the bell like Nurse did with that "hockey" player Haley.

Who said anything about Polak slew footing anyone? :laugh:

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
Nurse made a call on the ice defending what he thought was a dangerous play. I'm fine with it. You'd never see Polak answer the bell like Nurse did with that "hockey" player Haley.

Nope, never. I mean it's not like he answered the bell against Kurtis Gabrielle basically a week ago. Or against guys like Carcillo, Ryane Clowe or Brandon Bollig.

Get a clue, please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad