Most skilled Leafs players that you have ever watched by position

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Goaltender: Eddie, Johnny, Potvin
Defence: Salming, Horton, Brewer,
Centre: Keon, Sittler, Sundin...Matthews will replace Sundin pretty soon
Wingers: Marner, Mogilny, Kennedy(never saw him play though)

Reactions: notDatsyuk

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
G - Ed Belfour (will be Andersen soon)
D - Bryan McCabe/Tomas Kaberle
LW - Joffrey Lupul
C - Auston Matthews
RW - Phil Kessel

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Great thread.

C - Sundin (top 5 of all time for backhander skill, just ridiculous).
Matthews (his stickhandling skills and wrister are top 5 in the league, maybe even higher, we'll see)

Wingers - Clark (for the forgotten skill of an open ice bodycheck, no Leaf I've seen was better. And, he had an incredible shot as well)
Marner (stickhandling and vision and passing skills are potentially top 5 in the league, in my opinion)

D - Kaberle (amazing passes, amazing vision, and had this innate ability to get out of his D zone with the puck on a string)
Gardiner (now settle down - this is purely for skating. Best skater I have ever seen in a Leaf uniform...I have yet to see an nhl player in a game skate forwards, backwards and sideways all at once at full speed with the puck like Gards can do... it's like watching a pro figure skater who can handle a puck, astonishing)

G - Joseph (best glove hand and reaction time of any Leaf goalie iveI seen. Many others had better positioning, consistency, etc... but Cujo was lightning quick)

crkkh

Aug 13, 2010
Toronto
Easy at Centre-Dave Keon (Mathews will likely pass him within a couple of years)

Wingers-Wendal Clark (dominated every shift) -Lanny McDonald

Defence-Salming and Horton

Goal Bernie Parent (wasn't here long enough, would have anchored a great 70's team) Honourable mention Cujo

a lineup that would never back down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad