Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington Capitals

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
1-32, which environments surrounding the 32 franchises are the most pressurized. That can mean fans, ownership, media, prior history, location, players or anything you take the pressure of a hockey environment to mean.

1. Toronto Maple Leafs (59.6%)
2. Montreal Canadiens (80.5%)
3. Vancouver Canucks (53.7%)

4. Edmonton Oilers (45.1%)
5. New York Rangers (27.4%)

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Calgary.

Boston, New York, etc. have other sports teams that fans can latch onto if their NHL team is sucking. All Calgary has is hockey.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
No way in hell Calgary has more pressure than Philly or Boston.
A few vocal Flames fans like to bitch loud but the majority of the fanbase forget very quickly.

Reactions: Hellraising Senator

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
The top 4 are a cut above the rest imo. If the team is doing bad it's simply impossible to escape the noise in those cities. After that I think it's nitpicking a bunch of similar situations

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
I just don't see how Calgary is more pressure than the original six American teams or Philly tbh

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Vancouver? Pfft

You know there is no pressure to win when the Owner brings back Jim Benning. Pressure my ass.

Semoner403

Feb 20, 2006
calgary
I just don't see how Calgary is more pressure than the original six American teams or Philly tbh
Cause the Flames are it in calgary. Philly has the Phillies, Sixers and Eagles all ahead of the Flyers.

also a relevant point is that Calgary has been mediocre for so long pressure has been building to finally break through. The frustration of the fan base adds to the pressure.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
There's so much going on in those cities. And most of it isn't even sports.

Meanwhile, in Calgary, hockey is on the hierarchy of needs.

Absolutely, I’m an Oilers fan but live in Calgary. There’s a tons of fans of other teams out the Flames here as Calgary is a major financial, business, legal hub in Canada. Flames are obviously the biggest team here, tons of Oilers, Leafs, and Habs fans as well.

It’s a fantastic city and people live and breathe the sport here like much of Alberta. Massive hockey culture here even if not everyone is a Flames fan.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m going to let it go for about three full days from the start of the thread because it’s nearly tied between three teams. Hopefully we see some more separation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad