Most positive part of the 2015-16 season?

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
The fact that it is going to end.

Benninng doesn't get his playoffs.

Tankers don't get their top 3 pick.

some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn_1_1442176551.jpg

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Came in here to vote for Hutton, and to a lesser extent Virtanen recently, but had to take the entire youth core. Horvat has been inconsistent and McCann has fallen off the face of the Earth. Hutton and Virtanen look legit though.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Oh, one weird unforeseen positive from this cluster of a season, once it became more and more obvious how terrible this team was and how poorly it was being managed, I noticed a lot more camaraderie on these boards.

Still some highly volatile debates to be found, but there's definitely been a sharp downturn in antagonism (at least that I can see!).

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Oh, one weird unforeseen positive from this cluster of a season, once it became more and more obvious how terrible this team was and how poorly it was being managed, I noticed a lot more camaraderie on these boards.

Still some highly volatile debates to be found, but there's definitely been a sharp downturn in antagonism (at least that I can see!).

I agree. I love you man.

But there are a couple here in particular that will defend everything Benning just for the schtick. It's obnoxious.

Differing opinions are fine.. and obviously expected; but if you can't find one chink in this regimes armour than you're really just a bored troll with little to no life.

earl grey

all the best posts
Apr 21, 2013
Won't be happy unless they get a top 5 pick.
I guess, as the majority , the youth movement. Virtanen has been good since January, so pleased with his development.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
- Early b2b wins in Ana/LA to keep Kings winless
- Ending the Habs streak
- Ol' time twins whupping the Hawks late Nov
- Jan road trip culminating with win in Boston. (then blew it in Pitt and feels like season in the tank ever since...)

and youth progress, as noted

Stonz

Oct 10, 2006
Burnaby, BC
Voted organizational management. The Sedins and youth are both great stories, but for this team to realize maximum benefit from those areas going forward, they'll need better management top to bottom.

With more awareness and scrutiny of the mismanagement, there's a better chance change happens.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I would argue the youth movement has been one of the more disappointing parts of the season. Virtanen and Mccann are non factors most nights, and Horvat was here last year. Hutton has been the one bright spot of the new guys

/puts on anti-flame suit

Yup. Having young players on the roster means nothing if they aren't doing anything and don't deserve to be there.

But yeah, having Hutton come from nowhere to become a major building block is easily the best development of this season. And maybe the only significantly positive development.

Jarko2004

Sep 15, 2004
Vancouver Island
The thing is the little positives don't matter and will be minute compared to other franchises as long as we have that ownership and the kind of lapdog management that would be willing to work with them.

KDizzle

Aug 25, 2005
Bay Area
I'm encouraged by the young guys on the team.
But until we get competent management, their talents will go to waste. Under Benning, we'll continuously be flooding the team with tweeners and small enforcers while relying on overpriced veterans to provide "mentorship".

We've had enough time to see Benning's vision of this team and I'm glad a lot of us can agree on how it's terrible and that he and his crew of flunkies have to go.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Hutton, hands down. Hell, he would have been the easy choice if he maintained the level he played at at the beginning of the year, now it looks like he's taken several additional steps in addition to that and is somehow already a twenty+ minute, 30 point, borderline top 4 D-man/PP quarterback coming from thin air.

Agree...it has to be Hutton....guy started the season not even penciled in as a top-four guy in Utica....now he's a solid top 2-3 in VanCity and seems to be growing before our eyes....been a long time since a Canuck rookie d-man has shown that kind of savvy confidence with the puck....kind of astonishing really.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Agree...it has to be Hutton....guy started the season not even penciled in as a top-four guy in Utica....now he's a solid top 2-3 in VanCity and seems to be growing before our eyes....been a long time since a Canuck rookie d-man has shown that kind of savvy confidence with the puck....kind of astonishing really.

Who didnt have him in the top 4 in Utica?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I think the trio of in-season trades will get an overwhelmingly favorable review in a couple yrs.

Etem, Granlund and Larsen
for
Shinkaruk, Jensen, 5th, 6th

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Hutton

Daylight second

Sedins, it were can't lose enough to get a top 3 pick might as well enjoy them

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
A glimmer of hope that these imbeciles may be on the chopping block soon.

Then it's probably that Hutton, Horvat, and Tanev have all played well enough to save themselves from getting traded for some AHL goon.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Hutton by a mile. I didn't see that coming at all. Sitting and watching games live you can see how his skating ability is just so much better than the other defensemen. A treat to watch!

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Would vote for Hutton alone but since that isn't an option, going with the Sedins. The start they had to the year was something to watch.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
For the best part will be when I get to select my seats for next season. I expect I will be able to move to a much better location.

:naughty::naughty:

No...not another city.

:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Hutton. All other reasons aside, he can hold the puck in when we're pressing, unlike any other PP options we have had since the nineties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad