Most Popular Operating System for Programmers (2003-2020)

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I like Mac myself. As a beginner it’s much more streamlined. To each their own though. I don’t think there are enough significant differences between the 3 where you could prefer one over the other based on anything other than personal preference.

I basically learned C++ twice, or did the work twice. My school uses Microsoft and I have a MacBook Air at home. I’d do the classwork on Microsoft and then redo it on my Mac.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
This data is stating that 11.8% of developers use a mobile device to run their development stack?

what?

I've only been around this for ~6 years, but have worked with hundreds of peeps. I've never seen a single developer work exclusively from a mobile device.

member 157595

This data is stating that 11.8% of developers use a mobile device to run their development stack?

what?

I've only been around this for ~6 years, but have worked with hundreds of peeps. I've never seen a single developer work exclusively from a mobile device.

Same.

I have developed apps for mobile devices but would never in a million years want to develop exclusively on a mobile device. If you develop using a Mobile SDK and perform your first bout of load/integration/unit testing on mobile emulators, you can rule out quite a bit of problems before attempting the port.

There's plenty of things like AWS Workspaces, etc. for those that don't want to develop on native hardware and/or by using something like SSH/PuttY.

Basically, I don't see any reason to use a mobile device as your primary development environment.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Windows, except when I have to do annoying Apple Xcode related stuff since they give you no choice to use other platforms.

Sep 19, 2008
Same.

I have developed apps for mobile devices but would never in a million years want to develop exclusively on a mobile device. If you develop using a Mobile SDK and perform your first bout of load/integration/unit testing on mobile emulators, you can rule out quite a bit of problems before attempting the port.

There's plenty of things like AWS Workspaces, etc. for those that don't want to develop on native hardware and/or by using something like SSH/PuttY.

Basically, I don't see any reason to use a mobile device as your primary development environment.
It's so inconvenient especially with Android Studio being used to develop apps from the PC

Developing from a phone is not something I have heard of

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
I like Mac myself. As a beginner it’s much more streamlined. To each their own though. I don’t think there are enough significant differences between the 3 where you could prefer one over the other based on anything other than personal preference.

I basically learned C++ twice, or did the work twice. My school uses Microsoft and I have a MacBook Air at home. I’d do the classwork on Microsoft and then redo it on my Mac.
mac not supporting 32 bit applications anymore makes it annoying to find good IDEs for languages like C++ and C though, you could use xcode but it’s not as convenient

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad