Most overlooked Impressive Statistic

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
For me the first thing that comes to mind is Andrew Cogliano's Iron Man streak of 670+ games....HES NEVER MISSED A GAME and hes been playing since 2007.

I'd have to say Lundqvist's 10 straight 30 Win seasons (24 in the lockout) and 4 wins away from 11 straight is the next most overlooked and insanely impressive stat.

PrinceOfPucks

Jan 4, 2016
Chris Tanev

Plays top pairing minutes and is responsible for checking the other teams best player night in and night out.. 330 regular season games 16 playoffs games played ..

23 minor penalties in his career..

Absolutely amazing how he doesn't take penalties with the responsilities he has.

Last edited:

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Mark Stone and his ability to take pucks away from the other team, I dont know the exact number of takeways but it is far higher than anyone else in the league.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Mark Stone and his ability to take pucks away from the other team, I dont know the exact number of takeways but it is far higher than anyone else in the league.

Since Mark Stone came into the league he has 96 more takeaways than the 2nd finisher, who is surprisingly John Tavares.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
-controlled zone entries/exits

-scoring chance differentials Instead of everyone's favourite shot differentials.

...Mike drop...

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'd have to say Lundqvist's 10 straight 30 Win seasons (24 in the lockout) and 4 wins away from 11 straight is the next most overlooked and insanely impressive stat.

Brodeur had 12 straight 30+ win seasons, so while 10 or 11 is still impressive it's not the record or anything.

Unfortunately because of the lockout I'm not sure the streak is even going to count either.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Crazy how Cogliano has not missed a game for that long. Has he really never been injured once or just played through it?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Posted this the other day, but I'll say it again.

Backstrom being 2nd in assist/game among all active NHL'ers... ahead of Malkin, Thornton, Jagr, etc...

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Thornton posting back-to-back 90+ assist seasons. The only other players that can claim two or more 90+ assist seasons accross their careers are Oates, Orr, Lemieux, and Gretzky. That's pretty rare company for Big Joe.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Burns had 11 shots on goal in yesterday's game. That is absurd. And I was watching the game and he had a few shots from the point that were directed in front, which I am not sure if those counted towards his 11 or not.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Matthews is the only player in the league to register a shot every game this year.

BDizzle*

Jul 7, 2010
Ontario
For me the first thing that comes to mind is Andrew Cogliano's Iron Man streak of 670+ games....HES NEVER MISSED A GAME and hes been playing since 2007.

OP, I think you've one this one.

I wish I could find the link, but Sergei Berezin set an unofficial record for the most amount of times his helmet fell off during a game. If memory serves me correct it was 11 times with 4 coming on one shift.

BDizzle*

Jul 7, 2010
Ontario
OP, I think you've one this one.

I wish I could find the link, but Sergei Berezin set an unofficial record for the most amount of times his helmet fell off during a game. If memory serves me correct it was 11 times with 4 coming on one shift.

& Edit: I think you've won this one!!!

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Thought Dougie is the leader for longest streak with a shot now that Ovi dropped the ball.

Ok, well for a defenseman, that's definitely more impressive lol.

But Hamilton looks like he missed a game, so technically he hasn't registered a shot in every single one of the flames game. I was just passing on a stat that I've heard on the radio five times a day since Ovy failed to register one on thurs.

They actually could've said forwards, I don't remember lol. Either way I thought it was impressive for a rookie.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

Who would've ever thought a guy with the last name Stone would have such effective hands.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Ok, well for a defenseman, that's definitely more impressive lol.

But Hamilton looks like he missed a game, so technically he hasn't registered a shot in every single one of the flames game. I was just passing on a stat that I've heard on the radio five times a day since Ovy failed to register one on thurs.

They actually could've said forwards, I don't remember lol. Either way I thought it was impressive for a rookie.

"Flames defenceman Dougie Hamilton is now the NHL’s active shot streak leader at 57 games, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. Maple Leafs rookie Auston Matthews is second to Hamilton at 53 games, one in every NHL game he’s ever played. Matthews is the only NHL player to register at least one shot goal in every one of his team’s games this season. Matthews, 19, needs to keep that going for 306 games to catch Bourque."

I guess they discounted Hamilton's because he was sick one game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad