Most likely newbie to reach 20 goals

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I just don't get the bullish-ness on Belesky.

chances are high that last year was flukey, and I'm pretty sure Getzlaf and Perry are better than Krejci and Pasta.

I dunno he kind of screams Clarkson to me

Admittedly, I haven't seen him play a ton, but I did notice that Beleskey works hard and hustles, every shift.

That bodes well.

Not sure he'll get 20, but I never fault a guys that puts in the effort.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I voted Beleskey.

I think a 2nd PP unit of Beleskey-Spoons-Pasta will be a lot better than people think.

Just praying Brad gets to be on the top unit with DK and Bergy and not f-ing Connolly or Hayes. That might be my biggest concern/gripe with the coach is that Brad gets kept off the man up and the two tall guys rotate between the spot that should be his since neither is great but has a big frame and OK hands for the PP.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Belesky scored 18 on his 22 goals during 5 on 5 play

He had 0 empty net goals

With some PP time and a few empty netters I think Beleskey will finish with a line along the lines of 22-23-45

Beleskey was also 3rd in the NHL in GWGs

Hayes, Spooner, and Connolly I all see around 12-18 goals which will be very good for a 3rd line

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
...Yeah, Spooner just jumped out at me. But Beleskey should score 20, Heck, I'd go 25.

I'm not sold on Connolly, yet. Seems like a guy that might battled consistency.

Hayes seems like a stonehands in the pre-season. Had me saying, "how did this guy score those goals?!"

Hopefully just a small sample thing.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
...Yeah, Spooner just jumped out at me. But Beleskey should score 20, Heck, I'd go 25.

I'm not sold on Connolly, yet. Seems like a guy that might battled consistency.

Hayes seems like a stonehands in the pre-season. Had me saying, "how did this guy score those goals?!"

Hopefully just a small sample thing.

I think Hayes will be like Reechi late in his career when he was here just park is butt in front of the net and either bang in the garbage or get a tip on it

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Scream no, but I still think there is a reasonable chance he ends up with over 20 this season, provided he stays healthy. If you combine both regular season and playoff last year he scored 30 in 81 combined games. Now, you are right about the shooting percentage, and we should expect it to regress. However, if he's plays all 82 games, I would hope he breaks 20.

I guess it comes down to if you think his last season was just an outlier, or a step in development for a not that old of a player. Most likely it's a bit of both, but personally I'm leaning more towards the latter (although It might be because of these rose-tinted glasses I'm wearing).

You're exactly right. It all comes down to whether last year was an anomaly or his new regular level of production. Obviously, I hope it's his new normal, but time will tell. There's a far better chance it will be the outlier of his career though, based only on that insane shooting percentage.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Connolly or Hayes... Pretty sure Hayes will get a lot of PP time in front of the net. Connolly has a terrific shot and if he gets hot I could see him having some dominant games where he scores a couple of goals. Definitely has the talent and he'll be getting the role and time to go along with it...

Depending on how well their line does. I don't think Spooner will get 20 goals but he'll have the most points out of the bunch. If Beleskey plays with Krejci all year he's a good bet too. All of them could get 20, but I wouldn't be surprised if NONE of them get 20... Lot can go right or wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad