Most Ideal Coach For Every Team

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
Ultimately it's up to the players to win. However, there are lots of times where I think the coaching falls short. Whether it's the system implemented, improper player usage, stubbornness with line combos, or what have you, there are many examples where I think a team might have a better result if they had a different bench boss. One of them would be my favorite team..Buffalo. Bylsma never gave any combination of players time to create chemistry. He was also insistent on the stretch pass and dump and chase game. I don't think they were quite playoff caliber, but could have been much better if they played a style thay emphasized a fast paced, possession oriented style.

There are also situations where a coach is a perfect fit. For me that is Ottawa and Boucher. I'm sure there are knocks on Guy, but he has gotten the most out of a team that doesn't exactly have a star-studded roster. He always seems to be right in the ear of the players after every shift. He's much more involved than reserved, and that's a big reason why they're one of the last teams standing.

So with all that being said, who do you think is the most ideal coach for your team? Who is capable of pushing your team to be the best with the current roster? Feel free to choose some fresh blood.

I will start. I think Buffalo would be really pesky and competitive if Phil Housley was their coach. I'm currently pulling for that to happen. I don't know if it's a realistic thought, but Housley deserves a shot and it would be fitting if it was in Buffalo.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad