Most hyped Nr. 1 draft pick in recent 20 years or in the future

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Yeah, this is easily Luck for guys that were drafted and Trevor Lawrence possibly headed that way in a couple years

Stafford was a controversial pick at the time. He wasn't seen as some all-time great draft prospect...just the best QB that year. A lot of fans wanted to go with the "sure/safe pick" in Aaron Curry (wow was that ever wrong)

I remember Cam Newton being very controversial at the time too. Like a majority of people didn't think he would be a great NFL QB and he should be taken at like 20th overall

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
reggie bush had tons of hype surrounding him and it was a given that the texans would take him #1 overall until literally right before the '06 draft when it became clear they'd take mario williams

Reactions: Patriott

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
reggie bush had tons of hype surrounding him and it was a given that the texans would take him #1 overall until literally right before the '06 draft when it became clear they'd take mario williams
'
Texans took a ton of ridiculous heat for picking Williams over Bush (and Vince Young to a lesser extent)

Reactions: Patriott

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Yeah, this is easily Luck for guys that were drafted and Trevor Lawrence possibly headed that way in a couple years

Stafford was a controversial pick at the time. He wasn't seen as some all-time great draft prospect...just the best QB that year. A lot of fans wanted to go with the "sure/safe pick" in Aaron Curry (wow was that ever wrong)

I remember Cam Newton being very controversial at the time too. Like a majority of people didn't think he would be a great NFL QB and he should be taken at like 20th overall

Well..... for the most part he's been a reliable starter but outside of one year he hasn't really been a "great QB"

Now we'll see what happens going forward.

'
Texans took a ton of ridiculous heat for picking Williams over Bush (and Vince Young to a lesser extent)

They got killed for skipping over the hometown boy & NCAA championship hero.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad