Most Hated Coyotes

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I questioned not seeing Mr. Scott or Domi/Crouse/Fischer/Kempe anywhere on this list, then saw how old it was. Makes sense :laugh:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'm confused. Wouldn't we have won the 2nd overall pick in the 2015 NHL entry draft if it weren't for David Moss' last NHL goal?

I was all for the McDavid/Eichel tank. I thought it was our best odds at improving. But now I'm not so sure if picking high in the draft is the best way to go. Or at least the greatest chance of future success.

Edmonton is referenced a lot around here, but look at Buffalo. Basically two lottery wins with Eichel and Dahlin, and add in another second overall in Reinhart, and they're still awful. They got shut out three times in a row last week. They are seven points behind us in the standings. That's a considerable margin.

Then I look at teams like Calgary, San Jose, Nashville, Boston, etc., all of whom have been built without high picks.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I'm confused. Wouldn't we have won the 2nd overall pick in the 2015 NHL entry draft if it weren't for David Moss' last NHL goal?

Not necessarily. Butterfly wings. (I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you wanna blame anyone for "winning too much" down the stretch that year, you should be directing your ire at Oliver Ekman-Larsson)

I was all for the McDavid/Eichel tank. I thought it was our best odds at improving. But now I'm not so sure if picking high in the draft is the best way to go. Or at least the greatest chance of future success.

Edmonton is referenced a lot around here, but look at Buffalo. Basically two lottery wins with Eichel and Dahlin, and add in another second overall in Reinhart, and they're still awful. They got shut out three times in a row last week. They are seven points behind us in the standings. That's a considerable margin.

Then I look at teams like Calgary, San Jose, Nashville, Boston, etc., all of whom have been built without high picks.

See? This guy gets it.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017

Yea, it seems they have a lot of issues... not doing well with the depth drafting (we know the life), coaching carousel, high player turnover... it's a recipe for failure. A couple of years ago it seemed like they were taking a step forward but then it was two steps back. One of the dangers of tanking... really puts your team in a vise for a bit.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
Wheeler. I don’t care that he never played a game. It should not be forgotten that he was once a Coyote. If Wheeler pulled that nonsense on any original six or Canadian team, they would have re-written the draft/rookie contract rules.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Eh, I was mad.about Wheeler for a bit, but he had a chance to be a UFA and took. Can't really blame him. Bee mad about the stupid rule.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Yeah I don't think the Moss goal was a guarantee of flipping anything, would have to recheck the math. There were still a few games after that one IIRC. Hard to say it's the worst thing that ever happened to the franchise. BUTT it's easily in my top 5 most annoying events in Coyotes history. On ice at least. Probably behind Doan and JRs playoff injuries, Gretzky being involved at all ever, Moyes happy horse shit off ice for sure. Then there was the whole Jamison song and dance they did during one of those playoff runs was super annoying in hindsight. Kyle Turris demanding out of NCAA early (which is where the problems *really* started). Wheeler Wheelering. Tkachuk holding out. Khabibulin holding out. Trading Briere for a big dumb guy. Potentially wasting another 3OA in Strome. Mike Smith's somewhat forgotten now completely dreadful first half of the season in 14/15 which was the real start of the tanking. Whatever the hell Domingue did last season.

God damn there's a lot of annoying shit around here :laugh:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Nope, can't say that. The lottery might have played out different - ya know - the Butterfly Effect.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
For me Edmonton winning the lottery to bump us out of Eichel/McDavid will always be #1 to me. Dunno if you can really blame Moss for that, though.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Wheeler. I don’t care that he never played a game. It should not be forgotten that he was once a Coyote. If Wheeler pulled that nonsense on any original six or Canadian team, they would have re-written the draft/rookie contract rules.

A) He was never a Coyote.
B) They did rewrite the draft/rookie contract rules because of him.

Reactions: Heldig

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
A) He was never a Coyote.
B) They did rewrite the draft/rookie contract rules because of him.

Did they, I hadn’t heard that got done. Ok, I retract my angst with the league.

Turris is on my list too. Mueller at the time but I’m over it - his career went south so fast he is not worth worrying about.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Yeah I don't think the Moss goal was a guarantee of flipping anything, would have to recheck the math. There were still a few games after that one IIRC. Hard to say it's the worst thing that ever happened to the franchise. BUTT it's easily in my top 5 most annoying events in Coyotes history. On ice at least. Probably behind Doan and JRs playoff injuries, Gretzky being involved at all ever, Moyes happy horse **** off ice for sure. Then there was the whole Jamison song and dance they did during one of those playoff runs was super annoying in hindsight. Kyle Turris demanding out of NCAA early (which is where the problems *really* started). Wheeler Wheelering. Tkachuk holding out. Khabibulin holding out. Trading Briere for a big dumb guy. Potentially wasting another 3OA in Strome. Mike Smith's somewhat forgotten now completely dreadful first half of the season in 14/15 which was the real start of the tanking. Whatever the hell Domingue did last season.

God damn there's a lot of annoying **** around here :laugh:

bttf1-manure01.gif

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Anything beyond the top 3 is silly. Really? Yandle? Hanzal? I'm guessing Keith and Martin ****ed somebody's girlfriend ... a couple of man-rockets and they're rich as shit, how can you hate them??

Reactions: Katie Connauton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad