Most games in a season/career without a single point

Grinder89

Aug 20, 2010
Just wondering if anyone knew what the record was for the most games played in a NHL season without recording a single point and most games in a NHL career without recording a single point.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I wouldn't have thought Jay Caufield would have been so high. 50 games playing on the 1992 Pens and not getting a point? You'd think being on a team with Mario you would at the very least mix up the lines and not get off in time and play with him for a few seconds before he bounced a puck off of your shin for a goal........

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I wouldn't have thought Jay Caufield would have been so high. 50 games playing on the 1992 Pens and not getting a point? You'd think being on a team with Mario you would at the very least mix up the lines and not get off in time and play with him for a few seconds before he bounced a puck off of your shin for a goal........

Jay Caufield was literally the worst player - and worst skater especially - I've ever seen hold down an NHL job. It looked like some fat guy from a beer league wandered onto an NHL ice surface.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Jay Caufield was literally the worst player - and worst skater especially - I've ever seen hold down an NHL job. It looked like some fat guy from a beer league wandered onto an NHL ice surface.

Oh yeah of course, but you'd think he'd get a point by accident playing on the 1992 Pens. Even Wade Belak scored a goal with the Leafs

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
I dont know about points but Radoslav Suchy scored his first goal in NHL after 152 games. Is it the record?

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Am I the only one to think that Trent McCleary's -1 in 46 games is impressive?

As a Habs fan, I prefer NOT thinking about anything to do with the '98/99 season. But looking at the list, most of the guys are in the single digit +/- (emphasis on the -), though, so not especially "impressive". Impressive, is Belak (a former 12th overall pick) averaging roughly 117 minutes of ice time between points over his career to date. How that guy has 13 straight seasons of NHL employment is beyond me.

The Grouch

Jan 31, 2009
What happened to Tyler Wright in 1998-99? He only averaged 3:46 TOI which is radically disproportionate to his career average and subsequent seasons TOI.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad