Most exciting twist or something you didn't expect in a video game (use spoiler tags)

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
What is something that happened in a game that you didn't expect that got you super excited?

For me the one that stands out the most was playing ES: Oblivion. I was thinking it would be so cool be a vampire or something (This was the first ES game I played). I killed an innocent dude and was excited when Rufio showed up and asked me to join the Dark Brotherhood. Then I found the vampire guy and got even more excited. That whole quest line was amazing to me. I didn't expect any of that nor did I even know about the Dark Brotherhood.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
The twist in the original MGS was great

I also beat it for the first time after I had played through MGSV, so I had some extra attachment to the character the twist revolved around (trying not to spoil anything)

Really all the MGS games had good twists

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Warcraft 3 had some of my favourites back in the day, from the reveal of Medivh to the fate of Arthas.

KOTOR of course

The ending to INSIDE was a pretty shocking shift.

Kane "coming back" in Tiberian Sun.

Kane lives in death

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Warcraft 3 had some of my favourites back in the day, from the reveal of Medivh to the fate of Arthas.

KOTOR of course

The ending to INSIDE was a pretty shocking shift.

Kane lives in death

I still haven't beat INSIDE. Not sure I will ever finish it.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I have to go with System Shock 2's twist, which I didn't see coming because it was so original in 1999. Few games back then had narratives and movie-like twists like that. Nowadays, many games incorporate twists and even flat out copy SS2. In fact, just last night, I finished a very popular game from 6 years ago that ripped off SS2's twist. It was the opposite of exciting and unexpected because I saw it coming very early in the game.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
jack-bioshock.jpg

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
The whole pint sized slasher thing in Fallout 3. That was just out of left field and really cool.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
The entirety of KOTOR2.

The twist being that you finish the game and don't actually find out what happened because it was rushed out with bugs and missing dialogue options?

The "Kaizer Soze" moment in KOTOR.

The ending in Planescape: Torment, because it wasn't the way I wanted the story to end.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
The twist being that you finish the game and don't actually find out what happened because it was rushed out with bugs and missing dialogue options?

The "Kaizer Soze" moment in KOTOR.

The ending in Planescape: Torment, because it wasn't the way I wanted the story to end.

The vanilla game might as well not be a thing at all at this point.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
This was probably the first story moment in a video game that really effected me

[Yt]KQc7o2rm7po[/MEDIA]

This. I guess you can add FFXV when they tried to replicate it without any story or character development as a twist I didn't expect.

Also, the bridge scene to get to the final colossus in Shadows of the Colossus.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The twist in Terranigma caught me COMPLETELY off guard. I usually see twists coming from a mile away but this **** got me shook

I played the game recently and it got me as well. One of the best games no one played

The twist in the original Bioshock. Would you kindly?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
If youve ever played furi that has a very good twist that is slowly revealed over the course of the game, and gives new meaning to a lot of the bosses on a second playthrough.

Might be controversial but i thought phantom pains twist was also fantastic. It was spoiled for me but it still game me chills the way they built it up, can only imagine how it would have been if i didnt already know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad