Most exciting goals since '05 lockout

Trist and Sea

Oct 1, 2012
Montreal
While doing absolutely everything in my power to not work on my school project that's due in 4 days, I was thinking about the most exciting goals the Habs have scored since the lockout. And by exciting I do not mean beautiful or jaw-dropping, I mean the level of excitment that came from the goal, aka the best moments we, habs fans, have had the chance to watch in the last few years. I sorted my choices into a top 5, feel free to disagree with my picks and add goals that you think were more exciting, so we can take a look back at some bright moments we all enjoyed :handclap:

Honorable mentions :

1) Lapierre's goal in game 6 against the Pens in 2010. Capped off a game 6 win in Montreal where Pittsburgh had all the momentum in the world during the 3rd period. Paved the way to a game 7 win, and gave us the feeling that we had what it took to beat that Pens team. Beautiful goal too :popcorn:

2) Markov's goal against the Ducks in 2010. Not a meaningful game by any means, but completed what was a nice 3-goal comeback, where two goals were scored in the last 2 minutes to tie the game. We won that one on a weird shootout call (if anyone remember, Hiller stopped Gionta's shot to win the game for Anaheim, kept it for a few seconds then proceeded to drop the puck in the net. Refs called it a good goal and Plekanec scored afterwards)

(5:25 into the video)

3) Moen's goal in game 7 against Pittsburgh. Not the most exciting goal but when Fleury let in that softie, you could feel the game was won. Thought it was worth an horonable mention.

TOP 5 :

5) Subban double-overtime goal against Boston. What better feeling than beating the President's Trophy winners at home, in double overtime ?

4) Desharnais' game-tying goal against Ottawa. I remember screaming of joy when Davey scored that goal, from a beautiful pass by Subban. The greatest comeback I witnessed from the Habs (I was not following the team in 2008).

3) Kovalev's goal against the Rangers. Do I need to say more ?

(1 minute into the video)

2) Subban's goal in game 7 against Boston, 2011. Although we ultimately lost that game, I can't forget the feeling I had when P.K. scored that goal... waw. Pure happiness. I really believed we would get through those **** Bruins after that goal.

1) Moore's goal against Washington in 2010. I don't think anything is ever gonna top this. Halak playing over his head for the last three games, the Habs hanging on for dear life at Bergeron's goal back in the first period, two disallowed goals in the third, and then the upset was almost set in stone... I still get chills whenever I'm watching that goal.

What's yours ?

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
[Yt]xjJ7FheCkCU[/MEDIA]

[Yt]gZVFlKJPyLI[/MEDIA]

That game 3 was amazing. The reaction of the crowd on the Weise goal is unreal.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Most memorable for me is probably Subban's tying goal with 2 minutes left against the Bruins game 7 in the 2011 playoffs, we ended up losing the game but I dont remember going so freakin nuts over a goal, it happened just as I was out of faith and thought we were done. I'll never forget it, me and my friend jumped into each other's arms like we just won the lottery.

It also makes me sad because I have no idea what happened to his shot, it's not the same anymore, I wish he'd stop being on every tv show and magazine and work on his shot instead. :(

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Lmao. Patches game 7 goal against the bruins was great, sick snipe. Souray fake slap shot shootout goal against the leafs was sick.

You mean sick retrieval and pass by DD. You know, the guy who's never done anything good for us in the playoffs. That game had a stanley cup final like atmosphere and he came up huge.

Good choice though.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Subban game 3 against Boston 2014, straight outta the penalty box.

You can actually hear the crowd rise to 3 separate but ridiculously loud audible levels; first as Emelin gets it to Eller who skates the puck clear to finish the PK, 2nd when as Eller puts Subban in alone on Rask, then the final roar when he scores and celebrates and the goal horn operator goes H*A*M.

An insane moment that cemented PK Subban as a player who will be a pillar of a Canadiens cup winning team of this generation.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Maybe not the most exciting goal but... Habs won the game 3-2 so ultimately this goal was important and this was a "yeah we can win this series" kind of moment.

Every time I see Fleury I have this goal looping in my head. :laugh:

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Wasn't the most important goal but it was a really intense game and I remember this one got me pumped up.

So completely unexpected:laugh: What a shift and what a snipe from the little guy.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Not exactly the most important goal or anything...
But, by FAR, the regular season goal that elicited the strongest reaction from me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Lol MXD I was just thinking about that one. I was watching it with my Dad who's a Leafs fan and he had no idea what had happened.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Lol MXD I was just thinking about that one. I was watching it with my Dad who's a Leafs fan and he had no idea what had happened.

I was with my buddy and we both simultaneously shouted LOL. I actually remember CREATING A POLL ON HF ABOUT THAT GOAL!!!!

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Wasn't the most important goal but it was a really intense game and I remember this one got me pumped up.

So completely unexpected:laugh: What a shift and what a snipe from the little guy.

AKA Le Shift.

void

Jan 5, 2006
The Dominic Moore goal is the first thing I thought of when I read the thread title.

Watching these videos really has me wondering what the hell happened to Subban's shot.. :huh:

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Alex Kovalev's OT goal in game 2 of the 2008 playoffs vs Boston.. He let a slap shot go short side on Thomas.. the building went crazy!

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Nice compilation!

All I'm thinking about right now is how much Subban currently lost confidence in his shot.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

I wish Subban would do crazy things like this more often. I watched a compilation of when he was younger and he was just so exciting to watch. Still is but nowhere near what he was before.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Not the most important goal…but one of those goals where you just can't help but say holy ****!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad