Most disliked person associated with the Leafs?

MuchoMacho

Jul 19, 2009
Penalty Box
This should have been multiple choice. Anselmi, JFJ, Bowen, Millen, Simmons, Cox and I'd throw Healy and Pierre McGuire in there as well.

What can I say? I'm full of hate :laugh:

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Was going to vote Damien Cox then saw Steve Simmons. Man is that guy a huge tool.

Surprised HNIC in Canada trio isn't on there. I bet they'd get a lot of votes to especially Healy and Hughson.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
De suitz! Dey tuk r jobz!

But seriously, I hate Steve Simmons. As for the rest, you could search this forum for threads and find a significant amount of venom thrown at all the choices above. I guess when you haven't seen the playoffs since 2004, enough frustration and hatred builds to go around.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Only person I've met that I disliked was Peddie. I called him an ass after so it's probably mutual.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
BB as in B & B as in

1) Ballard
2) Burke

Both were very trying times/eras for Leaf Nation to endure, unless you were a fan of losing hockey, and/or management being at the forefront of the controversy that surrounded the team at infinitum.

TYayo

Sep 10, 2009
How is Komisarek on this list?
Sure he had a bad contract ..but guy was playing quite good this year..had a freak injury and hasn't seen the ice since...
Quality Vet not making a peep or disrupting the dressing room...just training hard hoping for a shot
Never have a problem with guys like this

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I'm a bit too young, though I'm sure in our history it should be Ballard.

I voted for the lower bowl suits, Steve Simmons would have been a close second.

Considering we literally have the largest fan base in the league, the atmosphere at the ACC is simply terrible. The lower bowl is about 50% empty for half the game. I'm from Ottawa, and Scotiabank place (which isn't even considered one of the top ~5 arenas in terms of the crowd) is much louder, the lower bowl is almost completely full within 2 minutes of a period starting, etc.

I don't care that I can't afford the tickets. I understand supply/demand. I just get annoyed as I see the use of the tickets a complete waste, and that many of the people brought there via corporate ticket packages are simply not huge fans, and it shows. If the lower-bowl was still out of my price-range, but it was packed with Leafs Jerseys, screaming fans, and filled seats from start to finish, I wouldn't care one bit.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
I'm a bit too young, though I'm sure in our history it should be Ballard.

I voted for the lower bowl suits, Steve Simmons would have been a close second.

Considering we literally have the largest fan base in the league, the atmosphere at the ACC is simply terrible. The lower bowl is about 50% empty for half the game. I'm from Ottawa, and Scotiabank place (which isn't even considered one of the top ~5 arenas in terms of the crowd) is much louder, the lower bowl is almost completely full within 2 minutes of a period starting, etc.

I don't care that I can't afford the tickets. I understand supply/demand. I just get annoyed as I see the use of the tickets a complete waste, and that many of the people brought there via corporate ticket packages are simply not huge fans, and it shows. If the lower-bowl was still out of my price-range, but it was packed with Leafs Jerseys, screaming fans, and filled seats from start to finish, I wouldn't care one bit.

- Empty seats to start a period happens all over the arena.
- Not screaming your head off isn't a waste of a ticket
- How much you scream your head off isn't a measure of how big a fan you are

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Who are Brooke, Tessa and Steve Dangle?

Tessa Bonhomme was (or still is? Not sure) part of Canada's National Hockey Women's Team. Steve Dangle was a Youtuber and Leafs fan who got a job with the Leafs media department. Haven't heard much of him recently though. Not sure who Brooke is.

From that list, definitely Simmons.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Should have been multiple choices to select in the poll - too many to pinpoint, although it's insulting to Carlton to have him up there on that list.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Tessa Bonhomme was (or still is? Not sure) part of Canada's National Hockey Women's Team. Steve Dangle was a Youtuber and Leafs fan who got a job with the Leafs media department. Haven't heard much of him recently though. Not sure who Brooke is.

From that list, definitely Simmons.

I think Brooke took over for Andi Petrillo on LTV after Andi moved to CBC.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Are the suits really an option on this poll? Hating a group of people who have never done anything Leafs related except show up to games. If anything, the Leafs can credit their financial success to those guys for shelling out huge for tickets.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Are the suits really an option on this poll? Hating a group of people who have never done anything Leafs related except show up to games. If anything, the Leafs can credit their financial success to those guys for shelling out huge for tickets.

"Obnoxious message board fans who never financially support the team and complain about those who do" should be an option.

rimshot

Jan 10, 2010
North of South Mtn.

Maybe there are some "1%ers" among them which, if he media is any guide, is okay to hate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad