Most disappointing pred

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
So coming into this season I had high hopes for glass, Tomasino, Evangelista, Novak, Parssinen to all take another step in development.
The only one that looks good is Novak, Evangelista has his moments but not the production I was expecting.

Glass has been awful.
Parssinen has been awful.
Tomasino has been quite underwhelming as well.

I guess the two in most disappointed with are Parssinen and glass. But none of the kids are impressed me really at all outside of Novak who isn’t really a kid anyways.

Thoughts? Anyone that’s gonna turn it around in the stretch run?

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Novak has had his moments of looking good, but overall he's not taken a step like I had hoped either. I just try to tell myself that development is not linear and the hope is these guys continue to incrementally get better.

Reactions: triggrman

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Yeah Glass is the obvious biggest disappointment given his age. Overall, I think we're in sort of a tough spot with balancing trying to win versus developing these players. Loading up our first line with our skilled vets likely gives us the best chance to win, but the downside to that is that the rest of our roster is made up of the kids and lower skill players. I think some of the young skill guys would benefit from getting to play with the first line guys who can more consistently drive play.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don’t find any reason to be disappointed with the young players. Development isn’t linear and they have time.

I’d go with Saros. Because he has been our Best Player the last couple of seasons but not close to that this season. He has demonstrated past ability to be a consistent star and difference-maker, in his prime, so his dropoff this season is easily the biggest disappointment for me.

A distant 2nd would probably be Barrie. I didn’t think he’d be good, but I did expect him to at least be able to play regularly and produce enough points to be tradeable at the deadline.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
1) Glass and it isnt even close. Guy was supposed to be middle 6C and came off a 35P season. He has 1G 1A in 20 games and looks like a dumpster fire more often then not when he actually gets in the games. If rates hold and he plays in every game left in the season, he may end up with 8 points (4G 4A). That is less than what every current roster forward not named Guiranov cureent has for some context and would actually put him on par with Lauzon's current total. His confidence seems completely shot.

2) Disappointed in Tomasino still struggling to really assert himself as a regular starter. He isnt doing the little things that say i deserve the icetime (shots on goal every game, hits, etc).

3) Saros has had a huge rough patch and some of that is due to letting in some rather questionable goals. Some of it is due to some wtf defense as well.

HM) Fabbro - fans on the puck too much

Reactions: weeze

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Outside of Glass I'm fine with all of them. Like I have said several times I think all of themselves biggest problem is always trying to make a highlight reel play. Evangelista had several last night where he made a great move to the middle and instead of shooting he passed and turned it over.

Glass imo is broken, time to move on.

Reactions: SouthNash

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
cody glass/thread

novak is playing less than last year and has no support
Not really. Even strength time on ice per game is identical at 12:08. Overall time on ice per game is very close, only about 15 seconds difference in overall ice time but remember, Novak was injured and was eased back into the line-up.

As far as line mates; Least year his most common line mates were Sherwood and Evangelista, this year, guess what, Sherwood and Evangelista. 2nd most common last year was Trenin and Jeannot. 2nd most this year, Evangelista and Smith. Not that great of a difference.

The difference is, last year he was protected by better offensive players and wasn't going against top defenses, this year, he's getting played harder, especially after the start he had. He had 12 points in his first 14 games, then got injured and has 11 points in the 24 games since. It's not linemates, he's still playing with Evangelista.

Tomasino and Evangelista have the exact same points per game.

Doesn't matter,

You're correct Cody Glass is a problem, as is Trenin.

Reactions: 101st_fan

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
Lots of good takes here. I am impatient with the development of these young guns. In order of disappointment:
Glass (just doesn't have it, whatever that is)
Pars
Tomasino

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I don't count Parssinen on this list. He looked very good to start the year on the top line but got shafted ultimately. I don't think the coaches or the organization have the slightest clue on how to develop him, unfortunately. He's been zig-zagging on center and on the wing, with different linemates virtually every game.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I don't count Parssinen on this list. He looked very good to start the year on the top line but got shafted ultimately. I don't think the coaches or the organization have the slightest clue on how to develop him, unfortunately. He's been zig-zagging on center and on the wing, with different linemates virtually every game.
This is why I think a kid that you project as a center in the NHL should stay in the AHL until he is ready for NHL minutes at center. Bebopping back and forth between wing and center while trying to get up to speed in the league just isn't a great formula.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
This is why I think a kid that you project as a center in the NHL should stay in the AHL until he is ready for NHL minutes at center. Bebopping back and forth between wing and center while trying to get up to speed in the league just isn't a great formula.
That's why I think Brunette made the statement about him doing Parssinen a disservice. Probably had it to do all over again he would have just left him at center and had one of the other players be the one to move.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I just never bought into the Glass hype. No way he should be this bad, but I don't think he was anything more than 3rd liner on a mediocre team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad